Escalade 3rd brake light?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02Yuk

Reaction score
Yeah $325 is a good deal and especially with them already color matched too.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one from a 2004 Escalade. I was gonna paint it to match my truck because it's a tan/gold color. I'll sell it for $300 OBO if someone is seriously interested. I'm located in northwest Louisiana. I'm not sure how to ship something like this.

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i bought the whole tailgate with glass and 3rd brake light for 265 shipped to my housse :)

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Barn door or full hatch? if Barn door nothing, if full hatch 2001-2006 escalade rear window. will be two defrost plugs, a c-clip on top window hinges both sides,remove both glass struts, remove driver side applique vents, disconnect light harness and slide glass out simple took me 15 minutes too install my set up

Hey i got a quick question for you, does your third brake light stay on at night without you hitting the brakes? Like the brake lights dusty on?

2003denali26

Reaction score
Hey i got a quick question for you, does your third brake light stay on at night without you hitting the brakes? Like the brake lights dusty on?

NO , sounds like your brake pedal switch has gone? check your tail light lights see if there lite up, could be something with the led bar to hard to say with out it infront of me to go threw a check list.

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NO , sounds like your brake pedal switch has gone? check your tail light lights see if there lite up, could be something with the led bar to hard to say with out it infront of me to go threw a check list.

Thanks for the response, but i think i confused you and myslef at the same time lol, let me try to clarify

At night, when you are looking at your brake lights, they are in stanby mode with slight illumination. When you press on them, they get brighter. I wanted to know if the escalde third brake light has the same sequence. Or does it just stay off, completely, until you press the break

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response, but i think i confused you and myslef at the same time lol, let me try to clarify

At night, when you are looking at your brake lights, they are in stanby mode with slight illumination. When you press on them, they get brighter. I wanted to know if the escalde third brake light has the same sequence. Or does it just stay off, completely, until you press the break

It should stay off completely until you hit the brake

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It should stay off completely until you hit the brake

Ah, now i get it. Thanks you guys.
I wish it stayed on like the other ones. :/

Side note, one side of the light bar burned out, so i think i need a replacement. ..