Enhanced Security System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Yukon XL Denali. Im getting ready to order a 2016 Yukon XL Denali. I'm thinking about adding the enhanced security system. What are the benefits? How does the standard security system work?

Any changes to the key fob? Any visual changes to the interior of the vehicle?

Thanks guys.

Erik G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there are 2 modules, a shock sensor and a "tilt" sensor. the tilt sensor measures the angle of you car every time you arm it. If someone jacks it up to steal the wheels, tow, it, etc, the alarm goes off. Not recommended for a truck with autoride (air) suspension

no extra fob buttons, nothing inside looks different. It's all hidden

rad-man

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
there are 2 modules, a shock sensor and a "tilt" sensor. the tilt sensor measures the angle of you car every time you arm it. If someone jacks it up to steal the wheels, tow, it, etc, the alarm goes off. Not recommended for a truck with autoride (air) suspension

no extra fob buttons, nothing inside looks different. It's all hidden

false.

You lose the sunglass holder.

in it's place, there are 2 motion sensors.

Also, the horn gets replaced with a "self-powered" (basically built in battery), so it still goes off if the main battery is disconnected.

My only issue so far: I ran into the grocery with my wife in the car, locked the doors with the fob (car was still running).

Alarm went off because she was moving inside.
Still not entirely sure what happened. Maybe she shut the car off and locked it while she was inside...

Erik G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
according to GMC.com

ENHANCED SECURITY PACKAGE
The Yukon Denali is available with an advanced vehicle security system that includes:

• Glass-breakage sensors located in the two rear quarter-panel windows and the liftgate
  • Ultrasonic motion detectors located in the overhead console
  • An inclination sensor located in the overhead console that trips an alarm before a tire leaves the ground, helping to prevent wheel or vehicle theft
  • A self-powered high-pitched siren that sounds completely different from the vehicle horn
  • Liftgate Shield

the glass break sensors don't make much sense to me - that should be a microphone listening for the sound of any shattering glass. No mention if the motion sensors are adjustable, which is key. if there are two, one is for inside one is for outside. You want to be able to adjust the outer. No idea what a "liftgate shield" is

jcruickshanks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
according to GMC.com

ENHANCED SECURITY PACKAGE
The Yukon Denali is available with an advanced vehicle security system that includes:

• Glass-breakage sensors located in the two rear quarter-panel windows and the liftgate
  • Ultrasonic motion detectors located in the overhead console
  • An inclination sensor located in the overhead console that trips an alarm before a tire leaves the ground, helping to prevent wheel or vehicle theft
  • A self-powered high-pitched siren that sounds completely different from the vehicle horn
  • Liftgate Shield

the glass break sensors don't make much sense to me - that should be a microphone listening for the sound of any shattering glass. No mention if the motion sensors are adjustable, which is key. if there are two, one is for inside one is for outside. You want to be able to adjust the outer. No idea what a "liftgate shield" is

jcruickshanks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There is a button between the twin motion detectors that will disenable them. I have three dogs, I sought an solution ******

OP
OP
M

Mikef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What functions does the stock security system provide?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts