Engine swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

josh19866914

Full Access Member
Reaction score
would it it be possible to drop an ls9 engine in my yukon? or any other type of high performance motor? or just stick to upgrading engine parts and other components?

good idea, bad idea, worth it? need opinions, seriously thinking about doing an engine swap and i will also need someone to do it!

Last edited:

BabyHuey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you got the cash anything is possible :Handshake:

I guess its just a matter of if its worth it. Why not jsut slap some FI on tehre and call it a day?

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
I have seen LS7 go into ours. I would imagine you could.. just the mula that it is going to take. Better off prob cam, heads and supercharger..

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aye, 408 is nice!~ Im currently trying talk a buddie on mine into drooping a 408 4l80 combo ina 57 chevy 4door..

Would be SICK!

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
would it it be possible to drop an ls9 engine in my yukon? or any other type of high performance motor? or just stick to upgrading engine parts and other components?

good idea, bad idea, worth it? need opinions, seriously thinking about doing an engine swap and i will also need someone to do it!

What's your budget? Also which transmission do you have?

Ironman1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hell. for 20k i could buy a carbed 572 crate engine ready to run and drop it in with a built turbo 400 and call it a day.. one ultimate sleeper. quiet exhaust system till you flick a tiny little switch and the electric cutouts open up on the headers and your ready to roar. but it all depends on your goals.. do you want to keep factory gauges and looks and functionality.. cause changing the fuel deliver system.. usually requires lots of work.. easier to go backwards than forwards if your just looking for performance.. but if you want a dd.. then it changes it all around

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
572 FTW :rocking:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar