Engine Light comes on with 5 DTC's at the same time. I don't know what i Could be. Need Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJPoertsch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dear friends here from the forum.

I'm a little desperate. I have had the engine indicator light on the display for a long time. I have read out the control unit and now have the following error codes
P0064
P0060
P0420
P0430
p0446

On the picture only P0420 is seen. But I always get the P0430 now also showing. The Picture is 1 Month old, but i was cleared codes 5 days ago so i was seen 5 codes.

what I have already exchanged and changed the following on my car
Complete catalytic converters
4 Oxygen sensors
Acdelco Vapor Canister Purge Valve
Solenoid Canister Purge Control

What I would think of now would be the gasoline pump pressure switch. But this pump was also replaced in June 2019. In point of the P0446 Code

Could it be that my catalytic converter is defective again? I had bought this new on Ebay. It was difficult from the start because it didn't fit 100% in size. Those who buy cheap will probably buy twice.
Also, I have to tell you, that I drive my car with an LPG Liquid Patrol Gas system. But this system runs fine without Problems. Also, what I was figured out, that the DTC Codes will come on in the morning when I start my Car and drive about 2 mls. If I have to change the catalytic converters again, would it makes sense to get some Walker universal converters here in Germany that work up to 6,2 l engine and welding it in or by again a full system with pipes. If you recommend a full system I have an account at Rock Auto witch one there would be the best. I am now at the end of my technical experience on that Car now.

Could you please give me another tip on what I could do after all. Because ordering parts from Germany is often not that easy. Thanks to you

View attachment 237033

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dear friends here from the forum.

I'm a little desperate. I have had the engine indicator light on the display for a long time. I have read out the control unit and now have the following error codes
P0064
P0060
P0420
P0430
p0446

On the picture only P0420 is seen. But I always get the P0430 now also showing. The Picture is 1 Month old, but i was cleared codes 5 days ago so i was seen 5 codes.

what I have already exchanged and changed the following on my car
Complete catalytic converters
4 Oxygen sensors
Acdelco Vapor Canister Purge Valve
Solenoid Canister Purge Control

What I would think of now would be the gasoline pump pressure switch. But this pump was also replaced in June 2019. In point of the P0446 Code

Could it be that my catalytic converter is defective again? I had bought this new on Ebay. It was difficult from the start because it didn't fit 100% in size. Those who buy cheap will probably buy twice.
Also, I have to tell you, that I drive my car with an LPG Liquid Patrol Gas system. But this system runs fine without Problems. Also, what I was figured out, that the DTC Codes will come on in the morning when I start my Car and drive about 2 mls. If I have to change the catalytic converters again, would it makes sense to get some Walker universal converters here in Germany that work up to 6,2 l engine and welding it in or by again a full system with pipes. If you recommend a full system I have an account at Rock Auto witch one there would be the best. I am now at the end of my technical experience on that Car now.

Could you please give me another tip on what I could do after all. Because ordering parts from Germany is often not that easy. Thanks to you

View attachment 237033
What do the wire harnesses look like going to your O2 sensors? Worth making sure they are not damaged or corroding before doing much else.

OP
OP
DJPoertsch

DJPoertsch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do the wire harnesses look like going to your O2 sensors? Worth making sure they are not damaged or corroding before doing much else.
Thank you. In January I will back home and I lift up the Tahoe at my friend Carshop. Checking then your tip.
Thank you and Marry Christmas

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
P0064 HO2S heater resistance it's dead calculated resistance is 0.0 ohms or open circuit (incomplete Circuit )

420/430 is cat but more then likely caused by the p0064 and P0446

EVAP system performance it says you have a restriction present in the solenoid, vent filter or canister

did you force gas into the tank?

has it been tuned to run on LPG?

solve P0064 andP0446 first before buying a cat as 420/430 have 40+ enable conditions

Last edited:
OP
OP
DJPoertsch

DJPoertsch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you. In January I will back home and I lift up the Tahoe at my friend Carshop. Checking then your tip.
Thank you and Marry Christmas
P0064 HO2S heater resistance it's dead calculated resistance is 0.0 ohms or open circuit(incomplete Circuit )

420/430 is cat but more then likely caused by the p0064 and P0446

EVAP system performance it says you have a restriction present in the solenoid, vent filter or canister

did you force gas into the tank?

has it been tuned to run on LPG?
Thank you so much for your info. I habe about 25 Liter of Gas into the tank. Also I have an LPG System installed from Prins Vsi 2. My Carshop dealer that installed this system was checking the system and say a everything would work. I have this Diabolo Tune. Do you have an Tip how I could tune this at my Tahoe by my self..

OP
OP
DJPoertsch

DJPoertsch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello my friends here in the forum.

I was able to solve my problem with my error codes. In my case, it was a typical GM fault related to the gasoline tank pressure sensor.
I plugged in my Tech 2 diagnostic device and established a live data connection.
Under the field Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor I could see that it got stuck at 0.02 V. This value has never changed. I replaced the sensor and the error was gone. Errors P0135 and P0157 occurred briefly during the test drive. Tech 2 said that my Up Lean Sensor Bank 1 and Bank 2 had a bug. I deleted these two errors again during the test and the engine indicator light has not come on again for 3 days. I hope it stays like this.
I hope that my information will help others in a similar problem.

Because it's the Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor.

Regards Poertsch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon