Electric Fan Conversion activation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jay_Rod

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone. I am going to swap our 04 Tahoe to E fans in the coming weeks. I already have almost everything I need to do so. The only thing I don't have is tuning software to turn on the fans. I was actually considering investing in hp tuners for the fans and possible future projects on the Tahoe. Is there anyone on here anywhere near Birmingham Alabama with HP Tuners that could help me out. Obviously I don't expect anything for free. The Tahoe is my wife's daily currently so I can't exactly ship the ecm off and wait for it to return. I thought I would ask before I placed an order for hp tuners. TIA

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you going with the 03 and later factory style fans or aftermarket?

If its factory style and plug and play, you could hp tuners. Or tunerpro and Lsdroid for way cheaper. It all depends on what you feel like doing and how confident you are in your skills.

OP
OP
J

Jay_Rod

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes my fans are from an 05 silverado. I also already have the harness as well. I figured there was some other options besides hp tuners. I will probably end up getting it one day but at the moment I thought it was kind of overkill for just this fan project. Thank you.

tRidiot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can get someone to program it for you cheaply, it's a quick thing, as far as I know. I have an 04 Tahoe and have HP Tuners, but I really don't feel comfortable doing someone else's computer and messing it up, as I haven't really 'learned' for myself yet, either.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even if somebody has HPTuners you’ll need to buy a VIN license to tune your rig which iirc is $100. You might call a few shops to see if they can activate the pin in the ECM for less. Some will do it for $50.