eFan setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
They remove the power drag on engine because they are always running. Lightly or heavily dragging the engine down depending on various conditions. When used with the proper controller they only operate when needed and only as much as needed like a variable speed controller does on the flexalite series.You would use more engine power to draw the same amount of air thru a radiator using a mechanical clutch fan then the alternator would draw to produce the power to run the electric ones. Certainly takes up less space. Also for the OBS the flexalite unit would probably only run when sitting still and even then at the lowest control speed of 60% power. Most like won't run at all when driving unless you are loading down the vehicle or have the air conditioner on.

OP
OP
ncdrtyhoe

ncdrtyhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK Sunlit I got a Lincoln Mark viii fan yesterday off ebay because nobody within 80 miles had one around here. I saw this electrical schematic on here do I need to use the 75amp relays or will 40amp work?

Attachments

• fancontrol.jpg
    fancontrol.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 8
OP
OP
ncdrtyhoe

ncdrtyhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In this wiring diagram it looks like the two 87 pins are wired to the positive of the fan motor and the neg of the motor to the ground but it shows the 87 pins being neg is this correct? Also the 85 pin on the first relay has the manual switch and the temp switch. Is this the factory temp switch? Where is that located? I have never wired something like this up before so I want to be as clear as possable with what to do so not to burn my truck to the ground.

Attachments

• fancontrol.jpg
    fancontrol.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 10

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The temp controller is aftermarket. There are a couple kinds that I know of.. possibly more.

Probe in radiator, and probe in rad hose or block.
HERE is what Jegs has to offer.
I used the flex-a-lite controller.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
ignore the polarity junk in the relay box description.

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

you would have to install an aftermarket switch appropriate for the temperature you want. In that diagram that switch would ground the circuit and trigger relay.

OP
OP
ncdrtyhoe

ncdrtyhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So do I not need to go by that diagram or follow it to a tee?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Machinist2128