ECM / PCM relearn SOLVED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jared999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys!

Who has put in a new ecm/pcm into their vehicle?

I bought a preprogrammed ECM for my 2009 Tahoe LTZ 5.3L. After following the instructions to a "T" ('start' vehicle, ten minutes ignition on, 5 seconds off 3x), the vehicle does not crank, nor start.

Last edited:

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's a long time to leave your key on. I'd say put a battery charger on it and try again.

might take a time or 2.

but I've never heard of this method. where did you my the ecm? did you contact them?

OP
OP
J

jared999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did contact the seller recently but I am impatient and it is Friday, so I am not sure when I will hear back.

Last edited:

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Cross the truck, put a cold beer in its cup holder, say nice things to it. Round 2, fingers crossed. It did take two attempts on another users BCM for his 07 Esky.

OP
OP
J

jared999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely was the battery. I made sure it was fully charged and tried the procedure but this time turned off the headlights each time I turned on the ignition. Those lights are what killed the battery. I was successfully able to get ECM installed / learned and did the crankshaft relearn too. The incomplete procedure was due to dead battery. Then, the no crank was also dead battery (after relearn was successful). No crank just showed engine light only which meant dead / low battery. Just want to detail that for anyone that does this in the future.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo