Driving me nuts!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S1nemesis1s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, I don't drive my Tahoe much any longer as getting a CIVIC for daily driving - drive 250 miles a day.

1. My wife's power seat heater stopped working abruptly - okay whatever.
2. I got in the truck today, my knee was hurting and hit the recline button and broke it clean off - ordered a new Dorman Module.
3. My lumbar support will not move on my seat, and when I took the plate off and made sure the connections were good - the driver's seat still will not move.
4. Passenger seat will not move.
5. I unplugged the heat heaters - think its the green plug under the driver seat - no difference.

I am at a loss - all my functions in the driver's side will not work, and only the lumbar support will move on the wife's seat. I checked all connections under both seats, all are secure.

I know this has been asked a million times, but any clues? I appreciate the help!

God I wish I just had manual seats......

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when you checked the connectors did you test them to see if they have power? there's only 3 possibility 1. they do not have power (or enough power) 2. the switche(s) are bad, 3. the motor's are bad, I have read something about this before about some wiring being the issue, I would check your wires from the connector to wherever they feed in from under the carpet and up to the bcm

OP
OP
S1nemesis1s

S1nemesis1s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did not check for power. Will do when time allows, I am working fulltime, going to school, and acting as a caretaker for my mother. I do know that there are modules and also that apparently the heat heaters can interfere with function as well? Any chance these could be the issues. It would seem that the heater did not cause it as I unplugged them. Is there a fuse or relay that is inline or something?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a main power issue. Like whatever powers all of the seat's functions isn't working. Could be a fuse, relay or common ground.

OP
OP
S1nemesis1s

S1nemesis1s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This has happened before and it was just the controls popping out of the switches. But this time, snapping them back in does not fix it. I also noticed that the lumbar adjustment does not work on the driver's side either - so that seat is totally dead. The passenger side seat will not move, BUT the lumbar supports does adjust on the passenger seat. I noticed this problem really after the passenger side heat heater stopped working. I just hate to start tearing into my seat - this has to sound somewhat familiar to someone?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weren't you the one with the long thread with the controls working backwards? Maybe you need the BCM firmware updated? I'd still check the power and ground circuits first.

OP
OP
S1nemesis1s

S1nemesis1s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weren't you the one with the long thread with the controls working backwards? Maybe you need the BCM firmware updated? I'd still check the power and ground circuits first.

Oh gosh, no. If my controls were working backward I would be happy, at least they worked:) LOL. It just seems odd that after the passenger side seat heater stopped working that I lose all controls on the driver's side and all but the lumbar on the passenger...hmmm...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cpellegrino