Drivers seat doesn't fully work, and some other small issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KG8893

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New to the forums, so first of all, hello!

Some info first (probably should have made a signature) 2005 Tahoe Z71, 5.3 everything is completely stock.

So onto the issues... My driver's side seat works fine for the most part, except for the height adjustment, more specifically the rear adjustor that changes the tilt doesn't work. The front one does the opposite of what it's supposed to, so down is up and up is down.

Other issue with the seats is i can't figure out how to assign a new memory, but I might just be being dumb.

One other thing, I wouldn't call it an issue, but what is the process for changing the bulbs for steering wheel controls?

Last thing, where should I post about towing/brake controller issues? I didn't see any section for that.

Thanks in advance y'all, looking forward to checking out the rest of the forums.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
New to the forums, so first of all, hello!

Some info first (probably should have made a signature) 2005 Tahoe Z71, 5.3 everything is completely stock.

So onto the issues... My driver's side seat works fine for the most part, except for the height adjustment, more specifically the rear adjustor that changes the tilt doesn't work. The front one does the opposite of what it's supposed to, so down is up and up is down.

Other issue with the seats is i can't figure out how to assign a new memory, but I might just be being dumb.

One other thing, I wouldn't call it an issue, but what is the process for changing the bulbs for steering wheel controls?

Last thing, where should I post about towing/brake controller issues? I didn't see any section for that.

Thanks in advance y'all, looking forward to checking out the rest of the forums.
Concerning the issue of the reversed seat controls--I've heard, and even seen this before, and it's mentioned on the forums--the bcm needs to be reprogrammed/reflashed, to fix this issue.

OP
OP
KG8893

KG8893

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Concerning the issue of the reversed seat controls--I've heard, and even seen this before, and it's mentioned on the forums--the bcm needs to be reprogrammed/reflashed, to fix this issue.

Is that "body control module" meaning the computer that would run the electronics inside?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from NH. You've come to the right place to get answers to your questions.

Unfortunately I cannot answer any of your specific questions, but other folks on this Forum Will chime in with answers and suggestions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waiteben84

Latest posts