Driver side window armrest getting dent from elbow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheMaineEvent

Reaction score
I know this isn't really a huge deal, but I tend to fixate on small things so I thought I'd post it up to see if there's a fix/solution.

My elbow is creating a dent in the padding on the upper door from resting there while I drive. The padding is on the thin side, and I try to move my arm, but my natural resting position means it's gonna rest in that spot so the dent in the padding is only going to get worse if I don't do something.

Anyone know of a solution? I know they make arm savers, but they're a tad tacky, but if that's what it takes then I'll get one.

Here is what an arm saver looks like.

Armsaver.jpg

TooMuchTxn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the same exact issue. The upper door pannel SUCKS and I developed the indention. It also started really hurting. Not many elegant solutions. I thought about buying another door panel and taking it to a shop and seeing about getting that section rebuilt however in the meantime i purchased a 3x8 gel-pad that i 3m taped to the door. Sits a lot more flush and follows the shape of the door and SOMEWHAT blends in as opposed to the armsavers on the market. Also gives my elbow a lot more comfort.

OP
OP
TheMaineEvent

TheMaineEvent

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I think that I'll have to go with a custom solution like you did. I can't see going with a big and bulky armrest so attaching a pad may have to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094