Driver side/ Left rear Parking light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vdubzr32

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok so I’m having an issue Left Parking light fuse keep blowing. Parking light for the rear driver side. I know there’s a video with a similar issue and the guy changed the relay. Not the case with me I changed the relay next to the fuse and still it blows.

I checked the light harness from what i can see it’s not frayed or melted in any way.

I unplug the light harness and the fuse doesn’t blow. Is the shirt in the tail light housing or does the fuse not blow because the circuit isn’t complete?

Any help or idea wear i could start trouble shooting. Or method to narrow down the culprit.

D4653529-0ECB-4994-A5DF-DECB7BEE0AA9.jpeg

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Are you unplugging the light harness from the tail light or are you unplugging it under the truck?

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Next logical step would be to plug it back in under the truck and unplug it from the light itself. If it blows the fuse the short is in the harness right before the taillight, if it doesn't blow the fuse then the issue is in the taillight.

Reaction score
I wonder if it could be a bad resistor pack causing a short? I notice these tailights are the LED Esky style.

Maybe try swapping the resistor pack with the other side and see what happens.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Vdubzr32

Vdubzr32

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I wonder if it could be a bad resistor pack causing a short? I notice these tailights are the LED Esky style.

Maybe try swapping the resistor pack with the other side and see what happens.

i will do this and get back to you, thanks for the idea.

OP
OP
Vdubzr32

Vdubzr32

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok update, I did what Gooffeyguy said, the tail light swap and the fuse didn’t blow. So i know it’s not the tail light it’s somewhere in the harness. Is that a good assumption?

does anyone have the Tahoe wiring schematics more so the tail lights.

thanks guys

Reaction score
So, you swapped tail lights left to right and neither fuse blew? I'm a bit confused on which fuse you're talking about, the one that kept blowing or the one on the side that wasn't blowing?

Also, do your tail lights have resistor packs plugged in? Maybe one of them is bad/shorting out causing the fuse to blow.

OP
OP
Vdubzr32

Vdubzr32

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I took the left tail light and plug it in the right tail light socket. It didn’t blow the fuse. If my tail light was the issue it would have blown the fuse for the right parking light.

Yes my tail light have 10ohm resistor packs wired in. I check the resistor and it’s within specs and working properly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokin Denali

Latest posts