Driver didn’t pay attention. Not he will pay for it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Around Chitcago, most of the cops blow past everyone on the tollways like it's their personal road. Occasionally there are ones that do close to the speed limit, but everyone is usually 10-15 over depending on the area. I've had good luck just keeping a steady pace, even over the limit, with traffic and cruise on past. I don't play the rabbit in the race, use signals, and am generally a courteous driver. I don't make it a point to DO it all the time, but there are occasions when it needs to happen to keep traffic moving and not be the idiot that throws out the anchor in the fast lane just at the sight of a cop car. People need to think more.

As for the guy in the video, I don't think he should've been pulled over. He wasn't driving like an ass hat, or gaining ground at an exponential rate. Give the dude a break, the road wasn't busy. Barney needed to use his badge.....

Hobert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Around Chitcago, most of the cops blow past everyone on the tollways like it's their personal road. Occasionally there are ones that do close to the speed limit, but everyone is usually 10-15 over depending on the area. I've had good luck just keeping a steady pace, even over the limit, with traffic and cruise on past. I don't play the rabbit in the race, use signals, and am generally a courteous driver. I don't make it a point to DO it all the time, but there are occasions when it needs to happen to keep traffic moving and not be the idiot that throws out the anchor in the fast lane just at the sight of a cop car. People need to think more.

As for the guy in the video, I don't think he should've been pulled over. He wasn't driving like an ass hat, or gaining ground at an exponential rate. Give the dude a break, the road wasn't busy. Barney needed to use his badge.....
I drive in Chi area a lot and on 294 the favorite Trooper trick after dark is to come flying up the left lane from behind. Easy picking for the ticket book. Everyone going 10 to 15 over.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

all the pd around here do 10 over on the freeway, highway patrol cruising speed is 15 over (85), I just make my highway cruising speed 85 and pratically never seem them

OP
OP
RST Dana

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speed limit was 65. I was going 80 when I saw him come off the ramp and slowed to 72. The guy passed b me on the left probably running 80. They usually give you 10 over.

Delta88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Had someone pass a fully dressed suv cruiser in a construction zone on a Sunday morning.. only the three of us on the road. SMDH

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drive in Chi area a lot and on 294 the favorite Trooper trick after dark is to come flying up the left lane from behind. Easy picking for the ticket book. Everyone going 10 to 15 over.
10-15 over? Last time I drove thru there it was more like 20-30 over.....

JGinLA

Reaction score
We don't know what violation was observed. Expired tag? No child seat? Some officers have a pet peeve. When I started there weren't any tinted windows or blacked out tags. By retirement time I made sure the tag covers were see-through. My first stop was always to issue a warning. Being in a rural area meant recognizing a lot of cars (especially if your tag is hidden) and I only had to ticket one guy who didn't take me seriously the first time.
In those early days there were no uniformed patrols here specifically looking for drug couriers. When they came about they worked the interstates looking for drug shipments or drug money. Speeding was of no concern until they needed a reason for the stop. Even if you drive the limit, they will find a reason to pull you over if they have their suspicions. Driving the limit might look suspicious in some states. I won't speculate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879