Drag reduction clips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tst1212

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2011 Z71 Tahoe and recently replaced my pads/rotors with Powerstop Z23 both front and rear. I got some Drag Reduction clips (part# below), but the mechanic said they didn't seem to fit right so he didn't put them on. Did I get the wrong clips? Is there a trick to getting these installed?

ACDELCO 18K1025SS
ACDELCO 18K1027SS

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 Z71 Tahoe and recently replaced my pads/rotors with Powerstop Z23 both front and rear. I got some Drag Reduction clips (part# below), but the mechanic said they didn't seem to fit right so he didn't put them on. Did I get the wrong clips? Is there a trick to getting these installed?

ACDELCO 18K1025SS
ACDELCO 18K1027SS

Are the Powerstop slides similar to ACDelco's? Don't think it should matter, they went on easy, same part numbers. Well, my rear ones are still on the TO DO list. They went on quite easily, I had to be quick with the caliper as the clips want to spread the pads fast. On the next tire rotation after installing them, I noticed one was out of place, put it back and hasn't moved since in 17K miles.

Do you have the instructions that came in the boxes? Might still have them here.

OP
OP
T

tst1212

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks, I was figuring I'd have to take a look myself, perhaps he didn't bother to look at the instructions.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to tweak mine a little, I forget where, and that was with them going on ACDelco pads. It wasn't much. I also spread them to apply a little more pressure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts