Double Din install, help please :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

weezel66613

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The adapter crutchfied will give you for free will not be the onstar/ bose adapter. They just give you the standard chevy adapter. Also if you plan on retaining steering wheel controls make sure you can get an adapter to work with that radio. They do make universal steering control adapters that have an IR emitter that has to stick out in front of the radio(in corner) and can be programmed with the radio remote.

OP
OP
Anthony

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
The adapter crutchfied will give you for free will not be the onstar/ bose adapter. They just give you the standard chevy adapter. Also if you plan on retaining steering wheel controls make sure you can get an adapter to work with that radio. They do make universal steering control adapters that have an IR emitter that has to stick out in front of the radio(in corner) and can be programmed with the radio remote.

You even read my link I provided?
This is what their site says for adapter:
GM Factory Integration Adapter
General Motors Class II data bus interface
Retains ONSTAR system, factory door chime, and Bose system with aftermarket radio

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-n0zIyGAjDP9/p_120GMOS04/GM-Factory-Integration-Adapter.html

bigmike75

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Anthony,

I was reading on the forums and noticed you did the same thing I am planning on doing: simply swapping out the factory radio and using an aftermarket headunit. How did it turn out for you? I am replacing my radio next week with a Pioneer and have the PAC SWI-PS for the steering wheel controls and GMOS-04 for the factory Bose/OnStar/chimes compatibility. Did you notice any improvements/reductions in sound quality?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n