Door Moldings, Remove, Repaint, Reinstall?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bryank97

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Tahoe in Greystone metallic, and like all the other GM full-size the paint on the door molding is faded and is an eye sore. I would like to repaint them. At first i thought i could just re clear them, after closer inspection the paint is like disappearing.

Anyone have experience with refinishing these? I know most people simply remove them

Would you suggest trying to refinish them on the truck? or remove, repaint, reinstall?

My largest concern is reinstalling the moldings in the exact location, because I am picky like that

Has anyone used the eBay stainless steel trim overlays (linked below), that mock the LTZ mouldings with chrome on top?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/07-09-Chev...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Thanks for any suggestions

IMG_4553.jpg IMG_4575.jpg IMG_4576 (1).jpg IMG_4576.jpg

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
Throw them away...

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
bryank97

bryank97

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think the trucks look too "bare" without them.

I also have a brand new set of Chrome LTZ 20 wheels to be installed once the snow is done in Pittsburgh here.

I am trying to make a decent looking LT with the nice wheels. Im trying to keep a simple classic look, and im afraid deleting the moldings will make it look like an PPV lol

Unfortunately the color doesn't help much

IMG_4562.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wesley e