Door locks not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cchuckie51

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good morning say i just picked up a 99 6 door tahoe and found out door locks not working. Doesn't seem to be getting power either switch doesn't work or the remote?
Did put new battery in remote nothing
any ideas on where to look would be awesome
thank you

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The motors in the door lock actuators are prone to failure over time. Some replace the entire actuator assembly; some open up the mechanism and replace the motor.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can try each lock with 12v power, in addition to the actuators relays or door switch could also be bad

OP
OP
C

cchuckie51

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
where do i find relays ? oh and it's both switches that don't work drivers and passengers and remote ?

OP
OP
C

cchuckie51

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
does any one here know were i might get wiring diagram of door locks or might know about colors of the wires in the control switch i did a little poking with a test light and i found a yellow wire that has power with key on i thought i could use a jumper and see if i could get any door locks to work
any ideas
thanks

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try alldatadiy.com which is a subscription based manual. It’s pretty close to the factory manual and will have the wiring diagrams and diagnostic tables. Cost is around $30/year per vehicle.

Or, you can download factory manuals for some years here...

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=700011

Short of printing out the manual, I find the alldata to be a bit easier to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk