Door Actuators

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bryansan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I assume, since both of my rear doors only open now when they feel like it, that my actuators are dying, if not dead. Is there anything else that may cause this? I checked the DIC and it is set for all doors to unlock. I've briefly checked pricing on the actuators, and was shocked at $70 each?? ouch! Anyone done this install/repair? Seems like a pita.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Door actuator failure is one of the most common problems with these trucks.

There's a guy who comes by here selling something to fix it, I'll try to track down the thread.

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

Here's his thread on another forum (go to last post): http://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/f69/tahoe-door-lock-actuator-problem-solution-27064/

And he's also posted here on this thread: http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11025

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
It's funny this came up I just had my Escalade in the shop today and had the rear passengers door actuator replace luckily under warranty! This was the 3rd one I had to get replaced its a known problem. How far out of warranty are you maybe the dealer would give you a break

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

wheatswake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dealership replaced one of mine out of warranty. i never asked but was it ever a recall? however they had also replaced the three other ones while i was under warranty. i do know the service writer said that gm had so many problems with them that they changed them up and the company that was making them.

2007tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea my hatch door is intermittent if it gets cold outside. When it is above 40 or so, it works great. I will replace the actuator eventually, just hasn't made me mad enough yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skywagon