Door lock actuator failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

syndicatesteve

Syndicate Steve
Reaction score
Has anyone had their door lock actuators go out?? I have had both the drivers door and the passenger front door actuators go out. Luckily the extended warranty covered them. NOW my passenger rear door lock actuator went out.. DOes anyone know if there is a TSB on this problem. I have been on the phone with GM corporate all week and they refuse to admit there is a problem with them. I am at the point where i just want the last 2 actuators replaced now, so I quit wasting my time. I told them that I was disgusted at the piece of crap units they used during assembly. I did notice on the units that were replaced that they were manufactured by a totally different company.

stss95

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have had 2 of mine go out it seems to be a fairly common problem...

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mine went out on the rear passenger side door.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Exactly why GM is still inbetween a rock and a ****** ass place. Some of the BS that happens on these Tahoes is just straight caused by low quality nonsense, that is exactly why I am getting tired of people shouting Toyota sucks because of all this gas pedal stuff, but yet most of the Toyotas my ents have had have never had useless problems like door lock acutuators going out.
If this problem happens to me I will be extremely mad if they don't replace it......

rogersinsel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly why GM is still inbetween a rock and a ****** ass place. Some of the BS that happens on these Tahoes is just straight caused by low quality nonsense, that is exactly why I am getting tired of people shouting Toyota sucks because of all this gas pedal stuff, but yet most of the Toyotas my ents have had have never had useless problems like door lock acutuators going out.
If this problem happens to me I will be extremely mad if they don't replace it......

I couldn't have said it better. I would much rather die in a flaming car crash or in a pond than have an actuator fail. Seriously, you should consider those that have been killed by Toyoda rather than using it as an opportunity to bash G.M.

nytahoe

"Tha Butcha"
Reaction score
knock on wood im good still. but did break an outer door handle. didnt even give a good yank

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I couldn't have said it better. I would much rather die in a flaming car crash or in a pond than have an actuator fail. Seriously, you should consider those that have been killed by Toyoda rather than using it as an opportunity to bash G.M.

Ok Roger take it as you want, I was not bashing GM, just saying!:Handshake:
Certain people on here get there panties tied in a tight knot way to quick, then only come on here to try and bash other members!:mexsmoke:

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Lmao Modded, always stepping in when there seems to be some tension..

rogersinsel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok Roger take it as you want, I was not bashing GM, just saying!:Handshake:
Certain people on here get there panties tied in a tight knot way to quick, then only come on here to try and bash other members!:mexsmoke:

I know. I apologize. I kind of tossed fire on it. We all like our trucks, hence why this place even exists. In my experience it is the dealer where you are won or lost as a customer. I have been fortunate in that I have a few very good ones near by. My Tahoe has just over 30,000 and it has been flawless and my 2002 Impala has nearly 200,000 miles on it and has been the same. Both cars have convinced me to never buy a Honda or Toyota ever again. The neat thing is that neither of these vehicles is considered to be the best GM has to offer. Next up, Buick or Cadillac. Lets hope they keep going with their new product.

08denaliXL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
same thing

I know I am a new guy, but I could not resist to answer because I had the same problem. My drivers door lock went out (20k miles)and the dealer said they have a new style solenoid to replace it with. The only issue I had after that was the radio/dvd would not turn off after I opened the drivers door when parked. Took it back and the dealer said the new style solenoid required some type of small jumper wire to be added (which they forgot) so the radio turns off when car is turned off and the door is opened.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bison1

Latest posts