Dome Lights stay on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boyd

Reaction score
Hey all. My dome lights come on when I get in my truck (as they should) but then they won't turn off. When I stop the truck and get out, the lights fade and go out as usual.

Any idea?

I did replace them with LED bulbs but that was months ago and no problem until now.

Thanks to anyone that can help. Have a great Friday!

2012 Yukon Denali

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would try re installing older/factory bulbs and see if the issues resolves. LED bulb may have gone rogue.

OP
OP
Boyd

Boyd

Reaction score
I would try re installing older/factory bulbs and see if the issues resolves. LED bulb may have gone rogue.
That's a great idea. I'm sure I threw the old ones out but a fast stop at Auto Zone won't hurt too bad. Thanks for the help!

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
The lamps with the soft fade feature must have “code free “ bulbs with built in resistors. The low voltage pull of the led bulbs freaks out the dimmer circuit unless the resistors are in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Boyd

Boyd

Reaction score
Thanks Pete. I haven't even gotten around to changing the bulbs back yet. Do you know if they make an LED bulb with built in resistors for that application? I really like the bright light they throw out at night. Thank you very much for your time and help.

OP
OP
Boyd

Boyd

Reaction score
I finally got around to putting the stock bulbs back in. Still has the problem. Any further help or knowledge would be greatly appreciated. Dome lights stay on ONLY when I'm driving. They fade as they should when I park. Anyone??

Wolfbraid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got around to putting the stock bulbs back in. Still has the problem. Any further help or knowledge would be greatly appreciated. Dome lights stay on ONLY when I'm driving. They fade as they should when I park. Anyone??

Maybe a door switch? but I imagine you'd have a door open warning on the dash. Does the radio stay on until you open door?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon