Dome and reading lamps question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

doc_sun

Scotcher
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK. For ease of understanding, let's assume it's night time and the dash and headlights are on, and dome override is extended out. Front dome (aka reading lamps) turn on when turning the brightness knob or opening the door. They will not turn on when I push the buttons on the overhead console. I can shut them off using the buttons, but that's it. Now when I'm driving along and I push either one of the overhead buttons, it shuts off the dash lights which is odd. I found bulletin 08-08-42-004 in regards to faulty switches, but the obviously they work if I can turn the lights off. Major electrical problem here or am I missing something? All interior bulbs are currently stock.

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

Nevermind. Found the issue here: http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13357
Weird how stuff can work even with a blown fuse in the mix...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
24tahoe04