Does Black Bear have a mpg tune?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
I'm looking to stretch my mileage a bit...these gas prices are killing me. Not sure if you do efficiency tunes or just power and performance tunes.

I would have to do the mail-order data logging since I'm in Alaska, unless you plan on coming up here (probably not a bad idea, actually...we have an enormous population of Tahoes/Yukons/Trucks).

Could you please let me know if you have a tune that significantly improves mileage (it'd have to be worth my money in the long run) and how much it would cost?

Thank you!

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
make an alaska bbtune meet post and get a min of 15 ppl and youll get i discount ;) hows that for a good deal...

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
I actually might be able to get that together...is mine free if I do?

;)

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes, they do...actually, you send them your keys, not the PCM...and they keep your keys for 90 days, problem solved...no mileage issues. :D

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
yes, they do...actually, you send them your keys, not the PCM...and they keep your keys for 90 days, problem solved...no mileage issues. :D

Hahaha....

That's it? I was hoping they'd send me a Prius. :)

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
Not free but there's a discount involved.. gotta be decent if there's 15+ ppl wanting to get a $200 tune plus a 50 dollar deposit..

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Realistically, MPG gains vary from vehicle to vehicle- depending on engine, driver, modifications and gas (octane and quality).

We do our best to pull as many MPGs out, but can not guarantee results.

I would definitely recommend cleaning your throttle body and MAF. Also, making sure you are using quality oil.

I know it is not the answer you are looking for, but I have to be honest.

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
No problem, I appreciate the response. I do need to clean my TB and MAF, though. Probably long overdue.

Now that I'm thinking about it, the weather is decent so maybe that'll be a good project for this evening.

:)