Does anyone else drive around with their back right seat down?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2005 Yukon XL 2nd row 60-40 seat have the headrests removed, Stupid GM designed the headrests, when the 2nd row is lowered, the seats can't lay flat unless they are removed. The passenger side does block 1/2 the view out the right rear window & the rear, if they were in. I prefer them out. My passengers are not usually that tall anyway to need them.

The photo shows the top of the seat back is even with the bottom of the windows so any headrest will block them.

I'm 6'2", and the headrests do partially block the view. I like a full view back there.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The XL's don't have that much of a problem, that window is bigger and not blocked as much. The little bit that is blocked I can see in the side view mirror or my blind spot sensor lights up the warning on that side.
889ab75a515024dd30e6d61c38b638e0.jpg

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uh... I have a 2005 XL..... You are correct. Newer models will be different.
Posted views are from a camera views. Not mirrored from the rear view mirror - to back window.

Side windows & rear windows are used to sense if "something is there".. during an evasive - sudden maneuver. Not necessary to know year-color of object.
( if nothing is there - you are clear there ).....
But, in normal driving, I don't need a rear window IF IT'S BLOCKED
(My thought about this conversation)
I was trained in semi-trucks BTW.
If I have a window, I want to use it all of it. ( I guess it's my pet-peeve) :driver:

thumbnail_Kelly Moss Truck.jpg

Last edited:

Mp619

Reaction score
Good idea folding down that 2nd row. I slapped 5% tint on top of the factory tint so i can’t even see out that same window day or night LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I find this thread hilarious. I have barn doors so my rear view mirror is for looking at my back seat. I use my side mirrors 99.9% of the time. Worked well for the past 15+ years..I would hate to see you all pull a trailer.

I noticed the drivers ed classes and DMV required my boys to turn and look when changing lanes..to me that is dangerous and a good way to rear end someone especially in a big city..i ride with someome 1 time when i see them do that head turn nonsense..side mirrors and watching your peripheral but now this thread makes sense.

.[emoji848]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
( Getting off topic.... but a good topic) :adminpower:

"Old school Driver's Ed" and today's basic driver training paid schools are only for passing the DMV test to get a learner's permit.
Many people misunderstood the purpose of the class.
Until you were professionally trained to drive, including SKILLS ..you didn't know how....
(( Dangerous when you think you know, but you actually don't ))
No offense to you guys... Just a fact....

( Turning your head / Driver's Ed style)..... Driver's Ed teachers were the school's Physical Ed or Wood Shop teacher, following a book's instructions. These teachers didn't know crap.
They make teens look to long turning their heads.

Turning your head - proper method : Just a split second glance / peripheral vision to cover a blind spot, only to see if "something is there".... That's it.

Entering a freeway on-ramp, look ahead, lean forward to enlarge left-mirror view ( if in smaller cars) while merging. ( State Trooper method )
( Our bigger trucks have a bigger mirror - not needed as much)
( My driver's ed).... "Bob Bondurant Performance Driving School" -7 yrs. part-time instructor, "Master Drive" Teen Training, Team Mears, Porsche Race team & Certified Driving Instructor Dept. of Transportation of California & a Class A license.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo