Do 2017 Tahoe have a Low oil message or indicator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Djgz71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As part of my fight with my warranty they are denying because my oil was low. I checked it a few weeks earlier and it was near the top. I did not have any message on the dash or warning lights.

When I took the car in they put on my report I was a quart and a half low, or that is what they added to make it full.

Does this dipstick read low to you? Obviously the thick part is below but the rest is well within the normal and I had no warning indicators.

Attachments

• IMG_1013.jpeg
    IMG_1013.jpeg
    203.9 KB · Views: 7

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As part of my fight with my warranty they are denying because my oil was low. I checked it a few weeks earlier and it was near the top. I did not have any message on the dash or warning lights.

When I took the car in they put on my report I was a quart and a half low, or that is what they added to make it full.

Does this dipstick read low to you? Obviously the thick part is below but the rest is well within the normal and I had no warning indicators.
oil low message will pop up at various levels on various models but generally it will happen from 1.5-2 quarts low
so your oil may have been low but not quite to the point of giving a "low oil" message yet.
although oil consumption sometimes happens it shouldn't be happening on a 17 yet unless you are over 200k+ miles or more then you might start to see a quart or 2 being used between oil changes it can really vary from engine to engine, some may never see any oil consumption at all.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Djgz71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is what the dipstick read after they added 1.5 quarts. I think this is above the max fill. Right? So I think they screwed up the initial read and then added a bunch of oil and overfilled it. Would be good to know how much distance on the dipstick = a quart of oil.

Attachments

• IMG_1093.jpeg
    IMG_1093.jpeg
    245.5 KB · Views: 6
OP
OP
D

Djgz71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just went back to the shop and had a conversation with them. They informed me that if the oil is not at the top line they always put that oil is low in their report. WTF. Endurance is denying the claim since shop said I was low. This is ridiculous

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just went back to the shop and had a conversation with them. They informed me that if the oil is not at the top line they always put that oil is low in their report. WTF. Endurance is denying the claim since shop said I was low. This is ridiculous
They look for a reason to deny. I only buy GMPP platinum plan. Anything else is garbage. I learned the hard way after spending 4k for a plan.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what the dipstick read after they added 1.5 quarts. I think this is above the max fill. Right? So I think they screwed up the initial read and then added a bunch of oil and overfilled it. Would be good to know how much distance on the dipstick = a quart of oil.
usually 1qt from bottom of the hash marks to the top of the hash marks, so if it reads in the middle add 1/2 qt

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to hijack but just wanna know if you are low on oil the engine will some how inform the driver, dummy light, screen , audio etc and not allow engine to damage its self right ?

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is so freaking nasty of them. I hope Endurance goes to hell. I got scammed too with there tricky contract that is written in a way that only they understand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10