Digitizing AC/Heat Controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of someone who successfully translated a digital head unit to our analog AC/Heat system? I want to place a larger, screen-only head unit in my truck without relocating the AC/Heat controls.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw a post once where someone claimed to have done it, I know it requires changing the harness and quite possibly adding the temp sensors in the ducting and headliner, not going to be a easy task

OP
OP
S33k3r

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I was hoping there was a premade harness for it, and/or head unit someone would suggest. I guess I'll relocate the controls or go with a smaller screen. Thanks, by the way.

YukonHog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There are companies who have a Tesla-style radio/interface that replaces the controls in the center panel. The only issue I have with them is the small bottom controls (adjust pedals, traction control, etc.) have to be relocated into the glovebox! Here is an example: 12.1" Touch Screen Android 11 Car Radio for GMC Yukon for Tahoe for Sliverado for Suburban Support 4G CarPlay GPS Navigation DSP https://a.co/d/3JaBqEM

OP
OP
S33k3r

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are companies who have a Tesla-style radio/interface that replaces the controls in the center panel. The only issue I have with them is the small bottom controls (adjust pedals, traction control, etc.) have to be relocated into the glovebox! Here is an example: 12.1" Touch Screen Android 11 Car Radio for GMC Yukon for Tahoe for Sliverado for Suburban Support 4G CarPlay GPS Navigation DSP https://a.co/d/3JaBqEM
Those buttons are on my door panel. The head unit you linked is for a 2007-2013 model year. Have you tried it with our year range -- or seen someone who has? Thank you, just the same. Making anything work is always just a question of drive, time, and money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KCW_Andrew