diffrence between 4" and 6"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MUDDER TRUCKER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have 9 inches /6susp/3body. 38s i have got it to 95 on highway for two hours it sucked a tank of gas in 119 miles. but i love the lift and the way it looks. if u were to do the speed limit or close to it haha and get the 6inch it would be nice! go with the 6!!!

hapyspaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Avoid Fab-Tech, they are going out of business.
Avoid Tough Country, its more or less the "cheap" lift.
Pro-Comp is pretty good, if I remember correctly it requires more modifications than most.

I have installed many SkyJacker lifts, including my own, and for me they have always been the best on ride quality.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
extreme suspensions = tough. Not the easiest to install but has a GREAT reputation for the strength.

Black Bear

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
well i have the same question 4 or 6. and pretty much what every one has told me and after reading this thread. i'm going for a 6 inch lift myself.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is the Cepek kit.....I haz one on the tahoe. a true 6.5" differential drop....more than all other 6" kits that are more like 5.125" drop or so.

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
Did you install that or have a shop do it? If you used a shop, what did it end up running you for the install?

This is more of a technical question, but I'm going to convert my 1/2t suspension parts to 3/4t, any idea if the Dick Cepek suspension kit designed for a Tahoe would still work or should I look into the 2500 suburban kit?

Unfortunately I don't have a lift and for that install, it really looks like you need one and more experience then I have.

Last edited:

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I worked with a couple guys on the tahoe since I had no idea about anythign at the time. It was more of a pain in the ass than the RCX kit, the directions sucks and teh fit was ok. The kit itself is very strong but again the instructions blew. Thankfully the guys had done IFS lifts and had the general idea. The RCX kit was much easier, very straight forward.

As for teh 3/4 ton, no idea. Sorry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leno1364