DIC switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put my dic in wood also. I didn't mind having my dic in brushed aluminum, but the OEM trim in mine had seen better days.

Be careful around your dic hole with that Dremel....

Yeah, the brushed metal finish isn't that robust, in spite of the fact that all the PPVs come with it. Since our '10 had some rub marks and a couple of holes in that trim, I ordered new from GM. What arrived wasn't in much better shape. I used it because 1. I ordered it new, and 2. it at least didn't have the holes.

After a few years of use, you don't even see the rub marks anymore.

xx_ED_xx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How did you remove your DIC holder? Vents pop out to get to the screws?

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you remove your DIC holder? Vents pop out to get to the screws?
The entire horizontal trim comes out with the vents attached. IIRC, start at the passenger side on the end closest to the passenger side door, carefully popping the trim out of its fasteners. Just be careful as it is pretty flimsy.

The trim that holds the DIC is plastic soldered to the bigger part of the trim. You will need to melt the plastic rivets or carefully cut them, to separate the DIC trim.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
It's not rocket science guys, Don't ever be afraid to work on your own stuff. worst case scenario is you got to replace the part if you screw it up. Their is nothing better than to have the satisfaction that you can do it yourself. instead of shelling out the bucks to the dealer or repair shop. Remember I always say Righty tighty, lefty loosy.! Have a great day!

OP
OP
iLikeEggs

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
That was my first instinct. Once I see how my vinyl wrap samples look against the rest of it I may go that route. Once I get it all done I will post more pics.
Uodate: it's still wood tone as I never got around to getting it done. This may indicate what kind of person I am but I'm good with that. It just hasn't been much of a priority. Eventually I will notch it up on the priority list and post the pics. As it is, I haven't had much time lately to post on this forum, which I love.
Lol, cheers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne