Detective model PPV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a code for suspension? The build sheet says HD police rated suspension.
Don't quote me on this, but I am pretty positive the front springs/struts are the same on a standard Tahoe and the only thing different are the rear springs. One of the others can verify that for the PPV though.

I do know that the 'lowered' look from PPV comes from the low-profile tires, which does drop it almost an inch from a 'normal' size sidewall/tire. It then has a speed rated tire, but it comes with a price beyond what the tires cost. That is a rough ride.

What size tires do you have on there now? It does look like you have a bit taller of a sidewall, which would explain the height difference you are noticing.

OP
OP
J

Jimgeorge

Reaction score
Don't quote me on this, but I am pretty positive the front springs/struts are the same on a standard Tahoe and the only thing different are the rear springs. One of the others can verify that for the PPV though.

I do know that the 'lowered' look from PPV comes from the low-profile tires, which does drop it almost an inch from a 'normal' size sidewall/tire. It then has a speed rated tire, but it comes with a price beyond what the tires cost. That is a rough ride.

What size tires do you have on there now? It does look like you have a bit taller of a sidewall, which would explain the height difference you are noticing.
They are BF Goodrich 265/60/17, standard for PPVs.

OP
OP
J

Jimgeorge

Reaction score
That is indeed the tire. From the angle of the picture you posted, it looks pretty close to normal PPV height to me. Did you compare it with another truck for the inch difference you have noticed?
Yes, I compared it to my other Tahoe PPV, a 2008 ex Phoenix Police car, a true police car. The 2011 detective Tahoe undercover vehicle is a good 1 inch higher with the same wheels and tires.

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I compared it to my other Tahoe PPV, a 2008 ex Phoenix Police car, a true police car. The 2011 detective Tahoe undercover vehicle is a good 1 inch higher with the same wheels and tires.
Is it 1" higher just in the rear? I wonder if someone swapped LS/LT rear springs and took the PPV springs out of the rear of yours to try and give it a better ride.

There are some far more knowledgable folks here that hopefully will pipe in, but I believe all the PPV's had same suspension. There were still some options for the PPV's, but not many. Someone may know some differences that may have existed from the '08 to your '10, if any.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019