Denali Buffeting Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Plimbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good Morning,

I am looking at upgrading from my 07 Tahoe to a 15 or 16 Denali. I looked through some of the threads but I couldn't find the exact year the buffeting noise was the problem?

Thanks,
Tim

calif phil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Zero buffeting in my 2015 Denali. My friends have a 2016 LTZ and zero buffeting. I think a good test drive is more important than the year model.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
General trend was earlier model years more than later model years and even then it was vehicle to vehicle.

As Phil stated, you just need to drive each vehicle and see if it has it.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good Morning,

I am looking at upgrading from my 07 Tahoe to a 15 or 16 Denali. I looked through some of the threads but I couldn't find the exact year the buffeting noise was the problem?

Thanks,
Tim

It’s all years. Test drive for a good long while.

Look for booming between 20-40 and buffetting at 75+

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it also the same models years of Tahoes as well?

Yes but only a very small sprinkling have that issue. I have yet to come across anyone out on the road that has this issue as I talk to a lot of Yukon-Tahoe owners all the time from Miami-NYC which is at least 3 times a year via I-95.

Just take the vehicle on a long test run. Make sure you get ALL service records and have a good independent mechanic check it out on the rack from top to bottom. I would only buy from a Chevrolet-GMC dealer [that has good service reviews] but that is just me.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And to add to this subject there has been many, many discussions on this subject. It seems that a problem does exist on some but compare this to how many have been manufactured. The most common denominator is that some people are just more susceptible and sensitive to this issue.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And to add to this subject there has been many, many discussions on this subject. It seems that a problem does exist on some but compare this to how many have been manufactured. The most common denominator is that some people are just more susceptible and sensitive to this issue.

Exactly. The moms I know that drive them are completely oblivious to it and never get them over 75 anyway lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518