Delayed Delivery of Yukon SLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

Roturn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Lol tried called. They ask for your dealer code. And the speculation is they didn’t have enough to move some trucks and when they finally did, there were too many new ones around that they have to move to get to it so when drivers come in, they pick random loads haul. The issues I’m having is GM gave dealers the right to get the trucks released to them and they pick them up if they are near. The yard is refusing to allow mine to go and nobody can give me answers.
Who owns the yard? That has to be so agrivating.

gaffster01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4800 is a good code! 4B00, 4D00, 4300, aNd 3800 delayed usually not so much. I know we have seen quite few move without the code’s updating. I personally have never seen anything ship from Midlothian out of Midlothian that wasn’t going somewhere for parts. Almost everything from Arlington leaves via rail. You will see GM Shuttle or something like that when it hits rail yard.

gaffster01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I asked my dealer and he said the yard won’t release to them. My Tahoe is sitting in West Chicago about 2.5 hours from here. Been there since Monday.

CoryS

Reaction score
I’ll add to the madness… my Yukon has been sitting at the destination railyard 90 miles from my dealer for over two weeks now. I had been at 4800 but according to Linton on the other forum, I have been downgraded to 4B00 bayed. Anyone see 4B00 given to a vehicle at the destination railyard?

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Roturn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
From what I gather, the codes are not linear and they can go back and forth between codes during shipping. It could go from 4300, to 4200, to 4B00. Maybe your truck is bayed at the destination and waiting for the last leg to the dealer? Just a thought...

miss_chelsy

Reaction score
Mine has been at the Navy Base since 11/4. I just ran VINs on all the vehicles on the GM inventory page within a 90 mile radius of my dealership, 36 vehicles, and mine is the only one that has been there since November. Next closest is 12/8. Something is up right? It had a delivery date of 12/9 but then got cancelled the day of "because the truck had to be rerouted." I've done the GM chat like weekly and get the same response that its ready for transport and to check with my dealer for more info. He says he checks with his GM rep all the time. It just doesn't make sense.

He has 8 there at the holding lot. That's a truckload? Its mind boggling.

gaffster01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM chat is worthless. Those lots tend to be for missing parts. See if you can get a code out of your dealer or ask Linton on GM Inside news. With that said the aren’t great with updating codes. Mine says 4200 delayed and it’s now in West Chicago with an expected delivery around the 11th.

OP
OP
R

Roturn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You would think your dealer would want to get all it's vehicles delivered to make some money. I'm surprised they aren't beating down someone's door.

miss_chelsy

Reaction score
You would think your dealer would want to get all it's vehicles delivered to make some money. I'm surprised they aren't beating down someone's door.
Exactly! I think he tries, he said he even called Jack Cooper and got cussed at. I just sent him my research this morning showing dates on all the vehicles around him to prove mine is the only one there since November and told him to tell his GM rep to explain it.

OP
OP
R

Roturn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good luck, I sure hope your truck gets a final delivery date this week. It's frustrating when you have to do the work to help someone else make money. You should ask for a cut of the sale :)