Reeled one in.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forgive the corny fishing metaphor but still appropriat.

After searching for almost a month I finally landed the big one. Started initial search for Z71. Major items that were NON Negotiable…..Jet Black interior and either Midnight Blue (1) or Satin Steel (2).

Options 2nd row bucket, Panoramic moonroof, Z71 O/R package, or as a wild twist.…read the window sticker Very Carefully). The Z71 O/R package contains three different packages. (Luxury, Max Trailering, O/R Capability). Some are order3ed as the Z71 O/R package with all three sub packages). Some are ordered as same concept but with individual packages. I am suspecting that with constraint’s especially the O/R capability…….there was a O/R capability constraints….supplier shortage…..different than chip shortage but ultimately related. It might have been easier the packages individually so that if there were future constraints you didnt lose the entire package and could get majority. Example. Air rider suspension components on suppler shortage…….why hold up heated seats, safety systems, etc… That also could make the items/packages easier to sacrifice to resume production and delivery.

Sliding console, 6.2, and RSE could have been sacrificial lambs, but in this case the unit was in stock.

NOTE: O/R Capability and O/R Performance packages are two different packages even though OffRoad is in the descriptioN.

O/R Capability….Air suspension. O/R Performance….6.2 V8/quad exhaust

Back to the story…..

Called dealer 11/23 and advised….”In Transit” Had a dealer stock number which is usually assigned when within a week or two weeks of scheduled dealer delivery date. $5K markup which although not preferred was expected. Salesman took number and said he woul;d call when it arrived on propert. Called last Friday reported should be ready later that day for test drive after acceptance inspection/PDI. Also reported they already had there was one ahead of me in the Test Drive que……this dealer sets up appointments and slot times even for test drives. Presumabkly saves the awkward moment of two customers going to a Cage Match/WWF knock down fight over the key fob.

I had to work all weekend and tried not to think about it. If it was sold so be it. I wasn’t exactly slumming on my 2021 Premier. Snice I was off for a few days I called them on 12/6. Verified status as in stock AVAILABLE as opposed to In Stock SOLD…. Grabbed my long pants, key fob and dogs harness and told them be there in a couple of hours. Arrived around noon, he had washed/filled up and right out front ready for a driver. Washing and fueling means he was pretty confident. A quick trip around the patch mainly to verify no excessive or unusual road, performance or handling differences with the 22 models and more importantly going from All Season tires to All Terrain Tires.

Ran numbers, got approval and before I knew it, temp tag installe, personal items transferred and on my way.

One major nicety missing but I can work with it. This did not have the O/R Performance (6.2/QE) and did have the RSE. My personal preference would be the other way around but what’s done. Major selling point was three word……………..In Stock available “ as opposed to In Stock Sold”

MB Jet Black, RSE, 2nd row buckets, sliding console, panormaic moonroof and O/R package)

Running boards were back order but called yesterday and advised on propert. Scheduled for instal this afternoon.

Tint installed and ClearBra scheduled for Thursday.

Photos soon.

mbd2015LTZ

Reaction score
Congrats!!! So exciting to strike gold!! :)

I had a 2022 Z71 on order since Oct 1, and decided to start looking since I was still sitting at 1100. Ended up finding two available within driving distance. The first one ended up having over 1K miles from owner's use; and didn't want to budge on the price, but it had all options I wanted (O/R Package, RSE, Sunroof, 2nd Row Buckets) and one option I didn't need but was OK with the O/R performance package. We didn't come to terms so I ended up with the same truck less the O/R performance package, picked up an extra 4K in trade in value and a little longer of a drive, but well worth it! I'm still waiting for the assist steps to arrive at dealer, however.

Rangerdeepv

Reaction score
Congrats! They are getting a little easier to find but not much. I also had 3 non-negotiable items. 3.0 Babymax, 2nd row bench and panoramic sunroof. Looked for over 2 months for Tahoe or Yukon. Finally one showed up less than 20 miles from the house. Had the rear seat entertainment which will get used once in awhile but the rest is all there. Congrats again!

DaAlphaSupreme

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Congrats!!! So exciting to strike gold!! :)

I had a 2022 Z71 on order since Oct 1, and decided to start looking since I was still sitting at 1100. Ended up finding two available within driving distance. The first one ended up having over 1K miles from owner's use; and didn't want to budge on the price, but it had all options I wanted (O/R Package, RSE, Sunroof, 2nd Row Buckets) and one option I didn't need but was OK with the O/R performance package. We didn't come to terms so I ended up with the same truck less the O/R performance package, picked up an extra 4K in trade in value and a little longer of a drive, but well worth it! I'm still waiting for the assist steps to arrive at dealer, however.

What options did you get on your build?

OP
OP
C

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Dealer had running boards, floor liners and even negotiated directly with service and they installed the W/T No Drill mud flaps….they were from the Premier that were ordered and arrived but I never got around to installing. Still in box and since it was already on lift only took about another 15-20 minutes for the splash guards. Entire process was 1.0 divided by two techs and $70 so I guess normal labor rate is $140/hr but whatever. All three items in less than one hour. Stopped by original dealer on way back to start the ESC/warranty CXL process. They were shocked that I found one but also advised there would be markup if they had one available. The final step in the dethroning process is the black/red Z71 fender badges….seam badge but black/red instead of chrome/red. ClearBra appointment tomorrow then after that Dashcam transfer and Costco visit for N2 conversion. That should hold for a while…..wait a minute…the rear bulb LED conversion…..brake, reverse and turn signal.

OP
OP
C

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two Week update…actually coming on 2.5 weeks.

Tint, Clearbra, bug/rock/wind deflectors, Dashcam and swapped the 20“ to the 22” Gloss Black TX edition from the 21 Premier

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts