Debadging.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skippy737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i understand the idea of fishing line with the stupid flex fuel emblem-- but how to get the freaking dealer label off--- i dont think fishing line will work-- could i just use the eraser wheel on that thing-- or do i have to get as much off as i can before using.

thanks- has anyone had the dealer do it while in for a quick service?

thumper_ehhhhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can try heating it up with a blow dryer then using the wheel. I wouldnt try pulling it off without heating it first. It might take up some paint.

SLTexas

Reaction score
Yea the fishing line works well on the badges. My dealer emblem was an actual badge like the flexfuel one. If yours is more of a sticker than I would heat it up real well with a hair dryer and just try and peel it off.

skippy737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks i will try that--
those eraser wheels-- can i get those at the auto zone or similar or do i have to order online or something

thanks for the suggestions

Da90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys might laugh or criticize me but I was at my dad's one day bored watching my little brother and could not leave at the time to get a eraser wheel so I thought to myself what could I make that would be almost the same? I got a drill, 3/4 socket and put some electric tape around! I started real slow cause I was not sure if my homemade wheel was going to work? It worked great you just have to watch when it gets wore out and the sticky part shows though cuz it will leave a little bit of black on the paint. Not saying that I was running it on the paint but did have some stubborn spots! It did not scratch my paint at all. I did wash and wax afterward!

skippy737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just did the dealer sticker --- the wife used her fingernail and got it to where i could slowly tear it off-- only about 1/4 of the adhesive stuck to the car--- i didnt not use a heat gun---

i used a spray can of goo gone EXtreme and it came off after abotu 2-3 minutes of rubbing and respraying and repeating---

next to get soem fishing line and do the stupid flex fuel emblem-- WTF thought of that and why on earth would someone use that stuff , except in an emergency.--

doing a total detail on friday pics to follow

lorax54

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And the goo gone isn't going to hurt the paint? I had heard to use nitro fuel for a model car???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heavychevyvito