Daytime Running Light Bulb Replacement '08 Tahoe Z71?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So is an hour of therapy cheaper than labor to change the bulbs?
I've looked in many peek holes to see if there is a wqy to not disassemble the front end to get the bulbs changed but if there is a way I am not seeing it.

I've seen a few videos regarding the more obscure headlight housing bottom bolt but I don't much view in there by prying the fender liner a few inches out because the window washer bottle is there on the driver's side. That was conveniently not seen on the vehicles in the videos.

I wish the grille came out but that assembly is part of the bumper cover that wraps around the fenders.

Does anyone have a reasonable approach that might include a bit of contortion without so much surgery?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 07 Yukon XL Denali has a similar clearance issue. I found that if I removed the 2 closest screws to the headlight on the top of the front grill, I get enough grille movement that I can remove the headlight housing.

The screw at the bottom of the headlight assembly was removed and never replaced by the previous owner, and I have not replaced it, either. Not really needed for headlight stability, IMO.

OP
OP
EddieC

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its the row of bolts across the top under the hood. Two bolts underneath just below the frame rails. and then the screws and clips in each wheel well. Unplug the fog lights and pull it off.

I'll give it a try. I might end up like the old high school '56 Belair with no front bumper though.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I converted the DRL's to parking/turn signal lights. Still have plans to make the outer marker lights alternate Like on the old squarebody's.

OP
OP
EddieC

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, it wasn't as hard as I expected. I just pulled the bumper cover out only as much needed to access the side bolts on the headlight housings.
A bit of squeezing a hand in behind the slightly moved headlight housings and I could reach the bulbs.
No credit be given to automotive Engineers in this case though.

Thanks for all the input.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy