Day 4 with my new Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bam01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My new Yukon XL is a Denali Premium with everything added to be the same as an Ultimate with the exception of RSE.

The new instrument cluster is great. I like all the different configurations I can choose and there can be a lot of information I can see there.
The ride is really nice, I didn’t fully appreciate it until I drove my 18 Sierra one last time after driving the new Yukon and I was like, man this thing rides like crap…
Interior finishes are really nicely done.
I like the push button shifter better than I thought I would
The camera system is very useful, and the new shortcut button makes it even better.

Dislikes:

Is there a way to deactivate the horn warnings? I do a lot of kid dropping-off and picking-up and each time I either get out of the truck with the keys in my pocket with the truck running or leave my keys in the truck with it turned off, it honks… and its loud.

Auto-Start/Stop: they started building them again with this feature on Dec 13th and my truck was built on the 16th, just missed it but at least I finally have my truck.

The temperature control knobs feel cheap and cheesy, however this is my only complaint with the interior

No foot pedal adjustment. I’m 6’ 2” and they don’t seem to be where I would like them but I’ll get used to it I’m sure. My friend has a 21 GMC Sierra Denali and his doesn’t have it either. It seems strange that this isn’t a thing anymore…

There doesn’t seem to be much storage in the center console. I do have the sliding console but if the version without has more storage, I think I’d choose the storage…

Infotainment Center: I’m listing it in my dislikes as I think the overall I’d rather have the ’21 version. Thankfully I have 3 years of connected service but I’m not looking forward to having to pay a fee when that runs out to use navigation and the remote app, both of which used to be free. I also don’t like how the google functions like maps and google news have bright colored icons but the others are in a simple white design, making it more difficult than it needs to be to find what I am looking for, which IMO isn’t a good design with a driver in mind. I asked Google to do something for me on my way into work this morning and she told me she was off-line… why I don’t know and don’t feel like taking the time to figure it out…

It appears that I listed more dislikes than likes, but overall, I am very happy with it. It is definitely a step up from my ‘18 Sierra SLT and I am still learning about all the different features.

RSE is something I initially wanted but due to constraints removing it was the only way I had a chance of ever getting my order picked up. I feel lucky that was the only thing I had to remove. Listening to all the other comments on RSE, I am thinking this may have been a blessing in disguise. I plan on having a Voxx system installed next week and hope to report that it works well. With the Voxx system, I won’t be able to turn it on and off from the dash but I will have full control of the content with my phone, with the added benefits of no cords for additional equipment and a DVD player. I have 4 kids 4 and under so they cannot control the devices themselves yet anyway… (but get them a month and I’m sure they will be better at it than me…)

Thank you all for all your posts. I've read most of them in the past few months as I myself was trying to get an order in. By the time I received it I knew more about it than the salespeople at the dealership. There isn't much communication from GM on all the differences between 21 and 22 and dealing with all the constraints, so this forum is very useful to a new buyer.

Roturn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes, you can choose to not have the chirp. It's in settings on the infotainment screen. If you can't find it, I will go and find the full path for you on my Yukon.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your detailed assessment of your experience with your new truck. I'm sure that members of this Forum will be better informed as a result.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd guess the power center console maybe is a little smaller as it has the storage underneath? We have a non power console and it seems huge, cavernous junk holder

Dustindu4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The sliding power console has its pluses and minues. The big minus is that it holds way less stuff. That is good and bad.

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dislikes:

Is there a way to deactivate the horn warnings? I do a lot of kid dropping-off and picking-up and each time I either get out of the truck with the keys in my pocket with the truck running or leave my keys in the truck with it turned off, it honks… and its loud.
You can just push the door “latched”. Don’t shut it all the way, just push it until it clicks and doesn’t flop open. No horn then as the vehicle still thinks the door is open.

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dislikes:

Auto-Start/Stop: they started building them again with this feature on Dec 13th and my truck was built on the 16th, just missed it but at least I finally have my truck.

Check out the Auto Start-stop Eliminator in another post. It is awesome and works perfectly. I have used it for almost two weeks and actually forget about start-stop.

OP
OP
B

bam01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes, you can choose to not have the chirp. It's in settings on the infotainment screen. If you can't find it, I will go and find the full path for you on my Yukon.
Found it in the settings today. Thank you

OP
OP
B

bam01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Check out the Auto Start-stop Eliminator in another post. It is awesome and works perfectly. I have used it for almost two weeks and actually forget about start-stop.
How difficult was it to install? I'm a little nervous about tearing into my dash...

Leveragedsellout

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Would be interested to hear a review on the Voxx once you have it installed. I was in the same boat - wanted RSE, but the more I read the less I wanted it. Then the first vehicle I could find otherwise fitting my criteria didn’t have it so worked itself out. But curious if there is an aftermarket solution that is better than ipads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tomcoop