Dash redo for 2023?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gregtay

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how quickly GM can swap out the outdated dash in the Yukon/Denali with the new digital one (along with doing away with the push button shifter.) Had the 2021's Denali's had this dash from the start I would have certainly gone with a Denali over an Escalade, but the gap was too big so I went with the Escalade.

jgw-exterior-tease.jpggmc-sierra-1500-denali/
int2.JPG

Saltydog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be nice to see GM finally move to all digital screens for the gauges. I feel like they have really been holding out on that, I test drove the Tahoe RST and was shocked that it only had that tiny little screen in the middle.

That updated dash is really needed in the Trucks, the current design was dated at launch. The current Tahoe/Yukon is pretty good, but if they choose to update it that will be good to keep things fresh.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They won't go far enough unless it is a solid display filling the whole area where the gauge cluster is now. Then they would have to get rid of that awful silver fakey chrome trim on the steering wheel, center stack and anywhere else they've plastered it. It looks cheap and dates to the 70's is anyone nostalgic for the 70's car look.

OP
OP
gregtay

gregtay

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They won't go far enough unless it is a solid display filling the whole area where the gauge cluster is now. Then they would have to get rid of that awful silver fakey chrome trim on the steering wheel, center stack and anywhere else they've plastered it. It looks cheap and dates to the 70's is anyone nostalgic for the 70's car look.
The new dash is a screen replacing all of the gauge cluster.

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IDK guys, I like an analog look even if the works are actually digital. But I also prefer CDs to downloads and books/magazines to computer screens.

Give me sweeping needles over flashing numbers any day. I do like the gage cluster look in post 1.

joe

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Instrument cluster is fine….my big nemesis is the “Aftermarket” looking infotainment screen…….looks cheap an dlike they added all the technology then someone came up and said…..How do we display and control???…….Meeting Adjouirned…..center dash team…back to the drawing board…literally.

therealbofa

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how quickly GM can swap out the outdated dash in the Yukon/Denali with the new digital one (along with doing away with the push button shifter.) Had the 2021's Denali's had this dash from the start I would have certainly gone with a Denali over an Escalade, but the gap was too big so I went with the Escalade.

View attachment 346643gmc-sierra-1500-denali/
View attachment 346646
I know this post is a few months old but this new dash is in the 2022 Yukon.

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this post is a few months old but this new dash is in the 2022 Yukon.
They definitely share more now in '22 but the Sierra has the big advantage of no push button transmission, the bigger infotainment, and nicer looking detailing - at least in the pictures available so far.

Maybe GM updates the SUVs next model year, if not they will be in the weird spot of the pickups having nicer interiors than the SUVs

Attachments

• Comparison.PNG
    Comparison.PNG
    441.5 KB · Views: 24

therealbofa

Reaction score
They definitely share more now in '22 but the Sierra has the big advantage of no push button transmission, the bigger infotainment, and nicer looking detailing - at least in the pictures available so far.

Maybe GM updates the SUVs next model year, if not they will be in the weird spot of the pickups having nicer interiors than the SUVs
I don’t mind the push button as much as I thought I would plus I appreciate the additional real estate in the console. I was surprised that they updated the dash so soon and didn’t even realize it until I went to pick up my 2022. I think we’ll continue to see the Yukon positioned under the Escalade. The trucks just don’t have that next level luxury tier so they can shove it all in the GMC line up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick