Dang Tie rods..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Warrior14

Reaction score
I've got the Ready Lift 2.5F and 1R kit on the ole Hoe and after putting some BMFs and 35s I was doing some trimming and noticed that my passenger side tie rod is rubbing on what I believe is the front sway bar. I just had the whole front end reworked back in Feb. So other than a 6 inch lift or something thats going to be outrageous, what are my options here? Any and all help is appreciated. I don't have a picture now but if necessary, I can get some.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 40

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Post a picture , I need to see what your talking about exactly I know some lifted guys complain that the sway bar hits the Shock but haven't heard this .

justinlw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you use the stock adjuster bolts, or the or the ones that came with the Ready Lift kit? Sounds like you're well over the advertised 2.50" if it really is contacting there. Like Donnie said, post a picture, might be able to fix with something simple like extended end links.

justinlw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's why I ask about the adjuster bolts. The ones included in the kit are shorter, so you can't over crank.

OP
OP
Warrior14

Warrior14

Reaction score
I don't have a close up picture of the problem right now. I'm not sure about the bolts and which ones were used. I had a very reputable shop in town install it so I'm sure they're there. 5100's are being put on now so we'll see if that fixed my problem. If not, I'm thinking of looking into longer sway bar links or a pitman and idler arm drop kit. If I can find what I'm looking for. Thanks for all the responses guys!!

Jonathan Reardon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know this is and old post but im looking for an answer to the same problem. Leveling kit with keys. 33's tie rod on passenger side is lightly rubbing just had the tie rods replaced. Its just the passenger side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick