Cutting out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ricky68

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I have this issue I can't locate and it is driving me up the wall. Everytime it rains more than a sprinkle the engine cuts out . . Sometimes it is very tiny , just barely noticeable , other times it is more pronounced . It is usually more noticeable during acceleration.With heavier throttle it usually doesn't do it At highway speeds it it's usually not noticeable . After a few days it usually goes away after whatever gets wet dries out. I can't figure out what is getting wet. I thought water was getting inside to something behind the glovebox where I thought the ecu was but I did not see it in there. I changed the button and rotor in december and I looked at that bit I see no cracks.If water was getting inside what else could cause it? Or what on the outside should I look for?

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
plug wires can cause havoc of the boots are starting to wear out and you get moisture up there. very similar to getting water/moisture in the distributor.

OP
OP
R

ricky68

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am going to check the coil , I probably should have already, but I am about to possibly replace the fuel pump because the gas hand quit working last year and I wondered if I might have a ground strap issue somewhere.