Customer Service Issue?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron McKuin

Reaction score
I have complained to my dealer multiple times and to GM Customer Service about the road noise I am getting in my 2021 High Country. GM opened a case and assigned a case number. I haven’t heard anything for a couple of weeks, so I called today and was told that the case was closed based on what the dealer reported! They reported to GM that they drove two others like mine and they all have road noise and sounded like mine!! I was not notified or asked if the case had been resolved to my satisfaction or anything?? Doesn’t sound anything like “Customer Service?” At a loss as to where to turn next?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have complained to my dealer multiple times and to GM Customer Service about the road noise I am getting in my 2021 High Country. GM opened a case and assigned a case number. I haven’t heard anything for a couple of weeks, so I called today and was told that the case was closed based on what the dealer reported! They reported to GM that they drove two others like mine and they all have road noise and sounded like mine!! I was not notified or asked if the case had been resolved to my satisfaction or anything?? Doesn’t sound anything like “Customer Service?” At a loss as to where to turn next?
typically road noise is tire related, what brand make and size of tire does the vehicle have on it?

hjrecla

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ron,

Welcome to the club. I have a 2021 Tahoe Premier with 22” wheels and 29k miles. I have complained to my dealer with the same problem. They road forced balanced my tires four times. The GM rep came with his seizemometers and indicated that the vibrations are within specs. I drove another Tahoe with the same tires and same vibrations. I’m worn out. If you find a better way to proceed, I’m all ears.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Like @Doubeleive said, all road noise starts with the tires. Have any of you noticed if the noise changes on different road surfaces? Or is it a very constant SAME noise no matter the surface? Plus, the noise heard inside could also be directly related to the sound deadening insulation. Could get creative and add that as needed.

hjrecla

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Like @Doubeleive said, all road noise starts with the tires. Have any of you noticed if the noise changes on different road surfaces? Or is it a very constant SAME noise no matter the surface? Plus, the noise heard inside could also be directly related to the sound deadening insulation. Could get creative and add that as needed.
The road noise is felt only on blacktop roads. It disappears on concrete highways. Also, the vibration differs as tire pressure fluctuates due to weather conditions going from hot to cold days.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a lot of popular brand tires make a lot of road noise, I don't know how people put up with it. It makes it hard to choose a tire when
1. people do not drive like you
2. people do not hear like you
some tires may be nice and quiet for the first 10k miles and then develop road noise, some have barely any traction

another thing to take into consideration is these newer trucks are tin cans metal wise compared to previous generations
I can assure you the metal in a gmt800 is thicker than in a T2, it is very noticeable going from a gmt900 to a k2
like suggested above you can put sound deadener inside the panels, I had to do that on my 18 and it makes a world of difference.
it is just like a hollow wall in a house
the paint is also thinner, everything makes a difference
if you want a quieter vehicle spend a couple hundred bucks on some sound deadener off of amazon and spend a sunday removing door and interior panels and putting the deadener on inside.
the panels are made to be removed and replaced, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to do it. it's just clips and screws.
there are video's on youtube on how to remove the panels

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a third gen Camaro that is my fair weather road machine. That car is pretty noisy by design and I had some Walmart specials on it for a while. Finally got tired of the noise, did a lot of research, got a set of Michelin Primacy tires, RF balanced. So far about 40k miles on those tires and a world of difference in noise - and much better ride quality too. I can actually listen to the radio now. Also I do notice when out bike (with pedals) riding there are huge differences in tire noise on SUVs (that are not off road wanna-bes) regardless of size or make. Tires do make a huge difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokin Denali

Latest posts