Custom CB Install - 07 Tahoe - Bearcat 980 SSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KWyer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
VHF/UHF Antenna Mount

First, thanks to Livewire18 for the posting of his CB install as it has opened up so many ideas for me for my install. Attached are pics of my VHF/UHF antenna install on the opposite side from his CB install. Turns out there is another antenna mount spot on the other side that is a "drop-in" for a "Diamond C101 Cable Assembly" for an SO239 base. Attached cable length was perfect to get back to center console to connect to my Kenwood TM-d710. Routed the coax via the door boot to the cabin. Antenna is a Diamond SG7000A.

Attachments

• Mount Area Empty.jpg
    Mount Area Empty.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 29
  • Mount Area with Mount.jpg
    Mount Area with Mount.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Antenna Installed-1.jpg
    Antenna Installed-1.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Antenna Installed-2.jpg
    Antenna Installed-2.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 26
  • Antenna Installed-3.jpg
    Antenna Installed-3.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 29

KWyer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
MFJ Short Mobile HF Whip Install

Here are pics of my MFJ Short Mobile HF Whip into the existing mount position on the drivers side of my 2009 Yukon.

Attachments

• K-4 Mount Position 1.jpg
    K-4 Mount Position 1.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 21
  • K-4 with Antenna.jpg
    K-4 with Antenna.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Short HF Whip 1.jpg
    Short HF Whip 1.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 30

619NJ

Reaction score
Nice install. I will be installing some gear in my 99 Yukon over te next few weekends. I've got a modded Galaxy 919, a puck mount from Gunny Pucks, a Predator Bad to the bone antenna and a 5 pill amp for now. I plan on adding another antenna in a bounce back configuration, a 370 amp alternator an a 16 pill down the line. Love this hobby, check my signature, that says it all ;)

619 the Chef choppin' lips and deep-frying Mud Ducks in the Yellin' Yukon and I'm gone...

usmcss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Very new to all this but want to put a cb in the new 2013 Tahoe I plan to purchase in the next 2 months.

I would like to hook the Antenna up like LiveWire and KWyer. Did you guys have to drill through the firewall? If not, could you tell me where to look for the hole? Or if you did drill through the firewall where?

As far as power, do any Cb's come with cigarette lighter plugs? I wouldn't mind going through the fire wall and hooking power to the auxiliary Post, but where do I connect the ground/Neg Wire? To the neg terminal of the battery?

Thanks for any help!

619NJ

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Very new to all this but want to put a cb in the new 2013 Tahoe I plan to purchase in the next 2 months.

I would like to hook the Antenna up like LiveWire and KWyer. Did you guys have to drill through the firewall? If not, could you tell me where to look for the hole? Or if you did drill through the firewall where?

As far as power, do any Cb's come with cigarette lighter plugs? I wouldn't mind going through the fire wall and hooking power to the auxiliary Post, but where do I connect the ground/Neg Wire? To the neg terminal of the battery?

Thanks for any help!

You can get a cig lighter plug at Walmart and clip it on. If you run the radio direct to battery, the negative wire goes to ground, not the negative terminal on the battery.

usmcss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You can get a cig lighter plug at Walmart and clip it on. If you run the radio direct to battery, the negative wire goes to ground, not the negative terminal on the battery.

Thanks a lot Andy! Is there already holes where I can run the power and Antenna cables through the firewall. And are there still mounts on the 2013 Tahoes under the hood for the antenna?

Thanks again!

619NJ

Reaction score
Thanks a lot Andy! Is there already holes where I can run the power and Antenna cables through the firewall. And are there still mounts on the 2013 Tahoes under the hood for the antenna?

Thanks again!

I don't know anything about the newer ones to be honest with you. I drive a 99 myself. But I can help you with ANY. CB related questions you have. That is my area of expertise. If you look toward the rear of the truck, you'll see my lightning rod, err, antenna ;)
sa4upuve.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2