Current pricing, 2022 & 23

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This should be no surprise. Took advantage of the Pandemic to inflate prices and blame it on “Supply Chain Issues”.

As for “Market Adjustment”. Surprisingly manufacturers seem out of the loop for Market Adjustment”

GM doesn’t care if you sell the vehicles at MSRP, Above or Below. As long as GM gets paid from the individual dealer. That is up to the dealer if they want to sell at MSRP or Below and pass ythe costs on to other departments, or future customers.

Perfect Example…2022 Stock unit…Tahoe Z51 with Pretty much all Z71 equipment load outs except for adding the 6.2. $10 Market Adjustment” due to the popular 6.2 availability. December 1 comes along….remember this is the outgoing MY and almost the end of the year. November still shows ”In Transit”. with no ETA. Vehicle finally arrives on lot December 1st but they still wanted the $10K markup. Then…….“Vehicle sold due to Internal Communicatin Error”.

Mule Muffins…they knew exactly what was going on. For me at least it actually worked out. I saved the markup…(negotiated down to $1500 with Costco and GM Military credit. Dealer didn’t take deposit, again my benefit.

I wwaited about six days and found a 2023 Custom Ordered Back out. 2023 Premier NO Markup and was able to upgrade to Premier, still kept the 6.2 but got about $3K more of vehicle trim level upgrade and lower APR. After the newer MY, more features and the lower APR, the payment was within about $25.

The only sacrifice I made was the 23 was my third of three color choices but the added features made it easier to marinate on.

The production is slowly coming back and yes still shortages but again starting to recover. The used vehicle Trade In Values (TIV) are starting to tank already. UNless you drive the trade in on cement blocks and on fire then don’t let dealers bully you into paying “Market Adjustment”. AND Lowballing your TIV. Walk if necessar…no pun intended but you get the idea. Shop around and don’t waste a credit pull until you know the vehicle you want is on property or within a known one-two week window.

Dealers think customers arent following the market. They are trying to keep used vahicles artifically high, extremely lowball trade value and word doesn’t get out………It just did!

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me get this straight….$90,000 for a Yukon XL…That is bad but…Really a SLT? Granted 4WD is nice……4WD in South Florida? I specked out a local 23 SLT Base Yukon in my area and that same $76,760 was a Pretty well equipped SLT but only 5.3. This XL being the same MSRP most likely means that dealer ordered a base Yukon XL with ) or very minimal options, just to say they had inventory. $13K markup……

“A fool and his money are soon parted!”. Sad part is dealer will probably sucker someone into the $13k adjustment.

Read the GMC search inventory site. You can get a pretty well equipped Yukon Denali with Pretty much everything but Ultimate package” for that price.

$13K markup is only the beginning…….financing, inflated service costs etc……. Take it to a different dealer about six months later just for Appraisal and you would probably be surprised…..O.K. Insulted.

The fact that some dealers are surviving on MSRP Alone and possibly a few dealer ”Add Ons”…tint, theft etching, protection packages etc…

This should be a severe wake up call to how inflated the profit margins were to begin with….even before Pandemic.

The 22 JGC-L TIV for Premier was the first Time in about two years where there was negative trade equity…..even that was not as far off as expected. The lack of Market Adjustment” and Costco/GMM credit helped soften the blow.

There are deals around no MA even on povulation trim levels, and equipment load out. Just have to search and be patient.

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make a note of Buick, GMC and probably Cadillac, for that matter.

Buick AND GMC started making ONStar as part of the options list. They force it into the MSRP and tell customer…that is. GMC thing. Yes it is but On Star was a formerly optional service. And could be CXLD after the trial period. The new setup makes it part of MSRP and if you try to fight it, the dealers says…oh well. That is how it is, either purchase or move on.

I have the feeling some CA lawsuits are going to start if not already regarding this. Chevy models don’t require the service? WHy would a optional service in the past all of a sudden be ordered as options list?

Truh is iif they wanted to be real slick about it, they would include O/S in the “Standard Features“ column, adjust MSRP before options and most customers would probably not give it a second thought. Especially with the already increased Base MSRP.

Think abiout it………..You get vehicle A. With lets say $65K. without OnStar.

Exact same vehicle increases MSRP ($66K for this example) but show’s O/S Connected services in the Standard Equipment

As a casual observer and although not expert in vehicle purchases but semi savvy…would you think anything was amiss?

Think abiout that while m iPad goes to the charger.