Yukon/Suburban Luxury package inconsistencies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As some of you know, I had been debating between the Yukon XL and Suburban. Since then I think I'm going to stick with the Yukon XL but some of you may still be debating between the two, especially with the whole Onstar debacle. Well I just noticed something while reviewing the latest Order guides between the two models. It seems that GM added Adaptive Cruise control to the Luxury package on some models in 2023. For instance, you will now get it with the "SLT Luxury package" in the Yukon. However, on the Suburban/Tahoe, it is a little different. It seems it is included in the Luxury package on the RST model, but not in the LT and Z71 model. And then it is available in the Premier and High Country with different packages.

Yukon:

1659794468030-png.png

Suburban/Tahoe:
1659796793815-png.png

1659796757850-png.png

Maybe this isn't important to any of you, but if I were still looking at the Suburban this would push me away from the LT model and more towards the RST. Or maybe this is all subject to change so it will all be different in a week :)

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which may be one of the reasons that RSTs with luxury packages are on constraint now….

and after checking the 2023 inventory page, not a single RST Tahoe is out there with the luxury package.

makes zero sense.

we just ordered our second Z71, but I think the RST is sharper….especially after coming from an AT4 (interior wise)

OP
OP
B

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which may be one of the reasons that RSTs with luxury packages are on constraint now….

and after checking the 2023 inventory page, not a single RST Tahoe is out there with the luxury package.

makes zero sense.

we just ordered our second Z71, but I think the RST is sharper….especially after coming from an AT4 (interior wise)
Yeah good point. The Z71 is actually the trim that got me looking at the latest generation of the Tahoe/Suburban....but I just decided that the Duramax motor is an absolute requirement so that knocks it out of the running.

Ungawa

Reaction score
We just picked up our 22 order mid June. My wife is not going to be happy to find out the SLT now come with adaptive cruise.

OP
OP
B

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We just picked up our 22 order mid June. My wife is not going to be happy to find out the SLT now come with adaptive cruise.
Yeah I honestly don't understand why we didn't hear more about this as one of the 2023 changes...all we heard about was some new colors and the addition of the Ultimate trim. On the Tahoe/Suburban side they went out of their way to tell us about that new optional black grille, but didn't say anything about Adaptive Cruise being available on lower trim levels. Maybe they didn't want to call too much attention to the fact that they are already behind the 8-ball in that regard considering cars half the price already include it. But still seems weird why the LT trim doesn't have it if the RST does.

esbrittain

Reaction score
Where do you find the order guides? I’m trying to build out a suburban, but it only lets you do the 2022 online.

And I absolutely hate the ACC on my Telluride, so I’m hoping this one either works better or is at least easy to disable!

OP
OP
B

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where do you find the order guides? I’m trying to build out a suburban, but it only lets you do the 2022 online.

And I absolutely hate the ACC on my Telluride, so I’m hoping this one either works better or is at least easy to disable!

Here you go...compliments of @Toasty (I always select "With Additional Options").

Last edited:

WVBKW

Reaction score
It’s frustrating they limit the Z71 so much. It’s my favorite package. I believe this package has appeal to many people. I like the front end better and adding the air suspension and limited slip from the Denali is awesome… but it’s silly to me no adaptive cruise, ventilated seats or towing accessory cameras, trailer blind spot monitor.

I ordered a 2023 Z71 Sub to replace my 2022 Sub (wanted the 6.2)…. Hoping the 2024 refresh gives these items to the lowly Z71…

Glad the RST received ACC.

WVBKW

Reaction score
It’s frustrating they limit the Z71 so much. It’s my favorite package. I believe this package has appeal to many people. I like the front end better and adding the air suspension and limited slip from the Denali is awesome… but it’s silly to me no adaptive cruise, ventilated seats or towing accessory cameras, trailer blind spot monitor.

I ordered a 2023 Z71 Sub to replace my 2022 Sub (wanted the 6.2)…. Hoping the 2024 refresh gives these items to the lowly Z71…

Glad the RST received ACC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne