Cummins yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DiGvonni30

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I have a 2002 yukon denali 6.0l and I have was thinking about putting a common rail cummins in it...does anyone have any info or any thoughts or does anyone know anything about cummins conversions

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive seen a duramax swap happen. you need every last thing from a donor truck. i mean everything. wire harness front to back too. its nothing pretty.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have a 2002 yukon denali 6.0l and I have was thinking about putting a common rail cummins in it...does anyone have any info or any thoughts or does anyone know anything about cummins conversions

Youtube, seen it done on older GM trucks, just not these newer body styles. Like Scott said, they usually go Duramax. Are you familiar with Duraburb? Is your motor tired or just wanting to changes things up?

OP
OP
D

DiGvonni30

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Youtube, seen it done on older GM trucks, just not these newer body styles. Like Scott said, they usually go Duramax. Are you familiar with Duraburb? Is your motor tired or just wanting to changes things up?
Ya I seen some of Thier videos but I'd hate to see the prices lol and mine has 227k miles I'm just wanting to change things up lol I'm one of those guys that can't leave anything alone haha

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of putting a Duramax in mine but when the time comes will just rebuild it into a 402 or 427. Or leave it a 5.3 and put a supercharger on it.

OP
OP
D

DiGvonni30

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was thinking of putting a Duramax in mine but when the time comes will just rebuild it into a 402 or 427. Or leave it a 5.3 and put a supercharger on it.
Mpgs is where it's at though lol

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you did a pre 96 cummins with the mechanical pump you could get it to run. getting the dash and trans to operate though.........

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I volunteer you as the forum Cummins conversion guinea pig. I'd love to watch the process. That would be the best build thread on here and we love build threads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Georgia 4Low

Latest posts