crying and coughing out $ 2500 for tranny

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wapiti22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had to replace mine on my 2000 Tahoe at 62000 miles. Cost me $2800 at the local dealer. Interestingly, it came with a 3 yr./50000 warranty which is more than what the Tahoe came with when I bought it new in 2000.

OP
OP
tom q

tom q

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the Hoe last night......$ 1370 out the door with a corvette servo.

So far so good. Servo felt different. Longer 1st and 2nd and firmer.

I was lucky enough to drop by the shop when they were bench building my tranny. I saw all the parts, parts that were burnt and worn out. It was really time for a rebuilding.

They used upgraded parts, no special upgrades except for the servo. Mechanic explained to me everything that was done.

Hope this one lasts me for another 150k and more.

Thanks for all your thoughts.

scottg918514

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What if it is just the 3rd to 4th shift servo that needs to be replaced. Granted that isn't easy, tranny has to be dropped, but might not need a full rebuild.

OP
OP
tom q

tom q

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw the sprags, solenoids, etc. They were bent and burned. For the first time in many years, I can now feel my overdrive kick in. Feels like a 5th gear. Corvette servo was a good decision thanks to the other members' suggestions.

At 150K miles, I think the tranny served its life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65