Cruise working intermittently '99 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimmycaps12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Lately, when I push the cruise button it only intermittently works.

Sometimes I push it and it doesn't engage at all.

Other times, I push it and it engages and stays engaged like it's supposed to.

The fuse is good.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I see you also posted about heater flow direction problems. Did you do any recent work before this all happened?

Check this video and there is 2 parts to the video. There is a second one, a part II.

We recommend that you put all your rig(s) info in your signature so we all don’t have to guess at year, make, model, engine size, trans, rear axle locker…….etc. Makes it way easier on all members that attempt to help, to have that info right up front. It is also recommended that you take a pic of your RPO codes, on the inside cover of the glove box, and post that image in your signature. All this info will greatly help those that will try to help with a problem.

If there is any other info, like upgrades, mods or recent mechanical/maintenance work done, that would be helpful in any post as well. Too many times a question is asked by the poster and after about 10 responses we find out that the poster has done recent work to attempt to fix the problem or work that was done that SEEMS not related to the problem.

OP
OP
J

jimmycaps12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I see you also posted about heater flow direction problems. Did you do any recent work before this all happened?

Check this video and there is 2 parts to the video. There is a second one, a part II.

We recommend that you put all your rig(s) info in your signature so we all don’t have to guess at year, make, model, engine size, trans, rear axle locker…….etc. Makes it way easier on all members that attempt to help, to have that info right up front. It is also recommended that you take a pic of your RPO codes, on the inside cover of the glove box, and post that image in your signature. All this info will greatly help those that will try to help with a problem.

If there is any other info, like upgrades, mods or recent mechanical/maintenance work done, that would be helpful in any post as well. Too many times a question is asked by the poster and after about 10 responses we find out that the poster has done recent work to attempt to fix the problem or work that was done that SEEMS not related to the problem.

OP
OP
J

jimmycaps12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok. Thanks. This video should be helpful. I have a 99 tahoe. No recent work. Just little things have been wrong with it for a while and because of the social distancing I have time to do these things. I'll work on the signature line for the future.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cruise Boxes are plug n play. A couple things first though. All taillights working. No brake switch problems, no Combination switch problems. I recommend using a Known good box, or have a pile of them to try. (junkyard boxes).As far as I can tell they all interchange, so millions were available.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And while you’re at it check the good old ground cables. You may find it cures lots of those little things you mentioned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk