Crossbars?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ebelp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have optional roof crossbars? I’ve yet to see any Tahoes/Yukon’s with them, and I don’t see them as an option on the Chevy/GM websites.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have optional roof crossbars? I’ve yet to see any Tahoes/Yukon’s with them, and I don’t see them as an option on the Chevy/GM websites.

I saw them this morning when I built an AT4, and SLT and a Denali. They did not have a price, said to see your dealer, was looking for the RPO code but didn't see it. You might find the RPO and then the part number in the fleet ordering guides.

Bigmanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to order them from the accessory site , but $499 seems steep for crossbars (My wife Lexus they are like $200). I think that I paid $175 for the factory crossbars on my 16 Yukon. May just wait for Thule.

Hobert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a 2019 Suburban LT Z71 with the cross rails in October of 2018. Below is the RPO code from my build sheet. They were a $265 option.
Window Sticker.jpg

VQQ - ROOF RACK CROSS RAILS (DEALER INSTALLED)

Highway3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do we agree that aftermarket cross rails are higher quality / more reliable (but can be more expensive), when combined with an aftermarket box?

That's the path I was going to take. I'm assuming they're available already (compatible with existing flush rail systems).

OP
OP
ebelp

ebelp

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That's exactly what I would do haha

Do we agree that aftermarket cross rails are higher quality / more reliable (but can be more expensive), when combined with an aftermarket box?

That's the path I was going to take. I'm assuming they're available already (compatible with existing flush rail systems).

I've never had an issue with our GM crossbars on our Suburban. We load an XL Thule hard shell roof carrier every summer for our beach trips and it's been perfect.

Actually, I prefer them over some of the aftermarket bars I've seen. Friends of ours have aftermarket crossbars on their Suburban (not sure the brand), and they sit at least 3-4 inches higher than our GM bars. They look really goofy and out of place on the roof. The lower profile of the GM bars is much more visually pleasing.

I remember reading that people were retrofitting Escalade factory crossbars on their Tahoes/Yukons because they were even more low profile than normal.

OP
OP
ebelp

ebelp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure those are GM crossbars and not a 3rd party brand the dealer brought in?