Crazycrew's 2017 Sierra Mod Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

crazycrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did that dealership sticker make it past day 1?! You're slacking.
I've been busy as hell! You're right, normally it would be off same day. I haven't gotten the windows tinted either.

But, it's going back tomorrow for the infamous 8sp problems. Sounds like they're gonna take care of it for, so I'm not sweating it. I knew I'd probably have these troubles. Ah well!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How did that dealership sticker make it past day 1?! You're slacking.
I hate when dealerships just randomly put that sticker in odd places such as that! I take them off 10/10 times anyway :shrug: With that said, when you see an original old car or truck with that on there it's pretty neat and actually adds an extra layer of neato to it LOL

jroyer87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I learned something new. I thought the GMC badge had some type of bolt running through the tailgate to help keep it on. Looking good for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
C

crazycrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I learned something new. I thought the GMC badge had some type of bolt running through the tailgate to help keep it on. Looking good for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I think only Ford does that! And maybe the new ram. The one that has the HUGE RAM in chrome

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate when dealerships just randomly put that sticker in odd places such as that! I take them off 10/10 times anyway :shrug: With that said, when you see an original old car or truck with that on there it's pretty neat and actually adds an extra layer of neato to it LOL

Years ago, my ex-wife bought a new '09 Accord coupe (V6/6M:driver:). As soon as it was home, I de-badged it, along with the plastic 3-D dealership badge. We brought it back the next weekend for them to remove the factory pinstriping per our purchase agreement, and the salesman commented on how clean it looked without the badges, including the dealership badge. I told him it had better stay that way (after all, we were there to have them remove pinstriping). The car came back to us with another plastic "TEAM" badge stuck on the trunk lid (Team Honda dealership). It was still fresh and a hot summer day so it peeled right off with all the adhesive. That salesman's personal car had a new "TEAM" badge on the bumper, sloppily applied crooked and off-center, when we left.

Alongside your second comment, I like reading the dealership names and locations stamped into the steel bumpers of the really old trucks. Pretty neat, indeed.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These new bodies are so damn crazy.

2" shackles and removed the 1" block. Still 3/4" higher in the rear [emoji2959][emoji2959]

198b45075285d5d93f5a2fe13c41adf7.jpg

I lowered a 2018 a few weeks ago. He wanted to see it with shackles first then decide if he wanted me to pull the blocks. If you didn't know it had the shackles, you'd never know it was lowered. He was satisfied and said to leave it as-is. Oh well, it's his truck.

How do you remove and reinstall the top bolts- remove the bed bolts and lift it off the frame a little or...?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llujum