Crazy prices

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any of you how drive a denali ever have to replace a random part in the interior/exterior and find out that they are absolutely insanely priced? I know these are pricey trucks, but my word!

So Someone tagged me in the parking lot a few weeks ago while I was in the store. Obviously I never saw who it was, I just walked up to my truck to find this little present waiting for me:

4418468156_ac7508af46_o.jpg

So that happened. I went to the dealership to price out that piece of black plastic trim, and could you imagine what that piece of plastic costs?

$50? No.

$100? God no.

$175?? Keep going.

$249... That's how much it costs.

And I checked LMC truck catalog to discover that this piece of trim is a Denali specific part so my hope of finding it in a boneyard are zilch. I'm going to have to eat that one...

So another great pricing story, my dog chewed up the headrest on the rear passenger side captain's chair (left him alone in there for like half an hour, big mistake):

4418485492_856e9433ed_o.jpg

So the head rest comes in two parts: there is the foam insert, and the leather cover. Figure I could do without a whole new piece of foam and just go cheap and get the cover.

$196.

WTF!

yukondoit

Stay Classy
Reaction score
Wow.. Thats crazy man. I was going to say look up LMC, but you already did. If I was you, I would just re-wrap the headrest. I'm sure no one is going to notice unless you tell them.

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
I seen a headrest on eBay today for $90 shipped. Search for Denali headrest, I forget what color but they had one on there. I would send u the link but I was using the eBay app on my iPhone.

Young28

The Yukon God
Reaction score
Buckets seats from gm are 750 ea
The cup holder with that wood grain trim is 700 (last time i priced it)
That trim thats around the 6 disc changer and all that stuff that is connected to the cup holder was 400 and thats without electronics thats just that trim.
Door panels are crazy high too i cant remember that price.

Repo503

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$71.99 for the front license plate bracket. That was the last thing I've had to purchase.

cam3439

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know what you mean. There were these little retaining clips that my front valence needed since they fell off when I went off-roading, and they were like 5 bucks a piece. I was like WTF. And the valence required 13 of them.

David4Jesus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone opened their car door on my moms new escalade and it stripped the chrome on the molding of her rear door. It was $95 with my buddies gm discount. It still blows my mind how much they want for the lettering that goes on the doors of the new GM line of SUVs.

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to replace one of my license plate light housings on the rear bumper of my yukon. It was $34 for that little piece of plastic....ridiculous!

OP
OP
General Stalin

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the parts for the Denali/Escalade are stupid money it seems. That same trim piece for a Suburban or Silverado is only like $50 off of LMC.

Anyway, I think I'm just gonna go to a professional auto-trim place (the guys at the dealership recommended me one because he knows the owner) and just have them make me a new headrest cover. Should be under $100, and maybe even less if I drop that guy's name. I May have to bite the bullet and buy that ******* $250 piece of injection molded plastic though =\

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BuckWild62