Crank re-learn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dr Tahoe

Reaction score
Is the crank re-learn process easy? I am fully comfortable with a laptop, and understand the programming process from my old handheld (superchip). I am just not mechanically inclined.. is it easy?

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Are you referring to the security relearn? The security relearn is easy (just need to make sure the directions are follow exactly as written). The crank relearn can only be done with a cable, Tech II or something of the like.

My01yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just sent my deposit for the Dallas/Ft. worth tune. What is this crank relearn and if I don't have a laptop, cable, tech II what do i need to do to complete this process. I'm clueless here.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You don't need to worry about it with an inperson tune.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's one of the many nice things about getting the tune done in person, getting a custom tune on the fly and getting the crank relearn process by Justin right then!! You will love the tune and the experience of an in-person tune!!

My01yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, I'm getting 22's, remote start alarm and a Flip Out AVH in the next week and for some reason I'm more excited about the tune than I am anything else. Maybe because one of the first things I learned when I joined this forum was "what good is it to have a nice looking ride if it doesn't run good". I can't wait.

OP
OP
D

Dr Tahoe

Reaction score
I never got back here to comment on my question. I had a scan cable coming and was wondering how difficult this would be. It was really easy. They have easy directions that tell you exactly what to do...

I just finished a scan cable tune and love it.. Gonna log my final results tommorrow.. Guess I won't need to see you in Fresno, CA..

Calinada

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are you referring to the security relearn? The security relearn is easy (just need to make sure the directions are follow exactly as written). The crank relearn can only be done with a cable, Tech II or something of the like.

Been lurking around the forum for a few months now and wish my 1st post wasn't a stupid question, but here it is...

So I used to have a '99 Tahoe, went German for a bit, now back in an '03 Z71 Tahoe. Ordered my BB tune (traditional), swapped out the ECU, engine didn't start so I did the security relearn (following BB instructions) twice and the truck still won't start up. Has this happened to anyone before??? Would it somehow be a bad connection on the ECU?

Thanks for the help

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Check your connection- however, I am willing to bet, you just aren't waiting long enough during the security relearn. It is better to wait longer than shorter. If you don't wait long enough, then you essentially have to start the relearn over (so when you think you are on your 3rd round, you are on your 1st again).

We have had customers try for as many as 5-6 times, only to realize they were just jumping the gun.

If you continue having issues, shoot me an email [email protected].

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AEHaas

Latest posts