Crank Position Sensor Correlation Codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trevcda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Between here and Youtube, I always seem to manage to fix my '**. This time it's throwing a Crank Position Sensor Correlation Code, P1345 if I recall. It runs great and only throws that code on start up. If I clear the code after starting the engine, it will not show it again until I start it again. It's probably been like that for awhile and is only of concern now because I moved from a state that does not emission test to one that does. In order to license it in my new state I have to pass emissions. Any suggestions?

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was the distributor replaced?

The camshaft position sensor offset needs to be set to zero degrees, plus or minus two, at 1000-rpm. You’ll need either a really good scanner or you can download an app (DashCommand or CarGauge Pro) and use a Bluetooth OBD adapter.

You’ll loosen the distributor hold-down clamp and rotate the distributor until the offset is correct. As a ballpark, the distributor cap hold down screw tab will be nearly touching the upper intake when it’s set.

http://www.gmt400.com/threads/car-gauge-pro-can-read-cmp.35275/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk