Cracked Rear Entertainment Screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jamoaus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So my kid kicked the back rear entertainment screen in my 2021 Yukon Denali and cracked the screen. I was surprised as it wasnt all that hard... but i guess hard enough to crack it. It still works, but was wondering if anyone had any success finding a replacement screen?
My dealer wants $1500 as a replacement and said the screens are on backorder until June. I guess a few people are having the same issue... my dealer said that the screens arent that durable and they've had a quite a few customers needing replacements.

itsmike2k

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In the same boat!! my dealer said 3K for a new screen!?!?!? the part number they are trying to sell me is 85157661, Another guy on here told me part number 85100043 is the correct screen.. Wonder if 21 and 22 are different?? and why one would be 3x as much? i googled the part my dealer said and it has a MSRP $3252, the 85100043 has a MSRP of $962 both say F Display no other info that i can find..

Frozentoze

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So what you guys are saying is that if I buy a 2023 that has a RSE system that I don’t want, there’s a market for the screens if I can find a way to uninstall them and not leave an ugly hole in my seat?

NOTREDAME05

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So my kid kicked the back rear entertainment screen in my 2021 Yukon Denali and cracked the screen. I was surprised as it wasnt all that hard... but i guess hard enough to crack it. It still works, but was wondering if anyone had any success finding a replacement screen?
My dealer wants $1500 as a replacement and said the screens are on backorder until June. I guess a few people are having the same issue... my dealer said that the screens arent that durable and they've had a quite a few customers needing replacements.
Hi, Did you ever find a solution to this? My Kid did the same and the dealer is quoting 4k

NOTREDAME05

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In the same boat!! my dealer said 3K for a new screen!?!?!? the part number they are trying to sell me is 85157661, Another guy on here told me part number 85100043 is the correct screen.. Wonder if 21 and 22 are different?? and why one would be 3x as much? i googled the part my dealer said and it has a MSRP $3252, the 85100043 has a MSRP of $962 both say F Display no other info that i can find..
Hey did you fix it?

arcticcat522

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 21 and was told by my deer there are 2 different options for the screen. Also told they don't know what one is needed until the take the old one out.....was getting similar prices of around $1000 cnd when I asked last summer. I'm not replacing it for my kid to break it again. He needs to learn there are consequences for being stupid..

texhost

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello – does anybody have removal instructions for the rear RES? I have looked high and low and I can’t find anything.

mbd2015LTZ

Reaction score
Here's a tutorial video:
Thank you so much! I literally had to order with the dealer this week - cracked screen due to my own stupidity! The youtube video pulled me out so I didn't waste time. For those who are just doing a screen replacement, I only took off the back side plastic cover and removed the (4) 5/16" nuts, and the power/data cables (there are 2 on the passenger side screen) and plugged in the new and bolted back on. Took a total of maybe 20-30 mins.
For those trying to order online without success, it may be due to the fact that the dealer needed the VIN, current miles and then the old screen returned for core charge. List was $1137 and dealer charged me $900. Good luck!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts