couple of questions about Navi install on 08 LT3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94Pro-5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am wanting to install Navi into my 08 LT3. I dont know if i'm going with aftermarket or factory. here are my questions:

if i go with a factory 08 nav system, is the wiring with my non-nav bose unit going to be the same, or will i need the expensive data harness or other parts?

if i go aftermarket i was told i need a $150 data harness. where can this be purchased? also, i was told i need a dash kit. not sure about that either.

this is the factory unit i want: its titled "2008 CHEVROLET TAHOE DVD GPS NAVIGATION"
zzzz-1.gif

and here is the aftermarket unit that i already have that i was going to put in the mustang:

zz-2.gif

ChevyFreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay where to begin? :)

Firstly, that first picture you have posted is NOT of a factory navigation unit. It is one that appears to posses a similar look, but it is most definitely not a factory unit. Most likely an aftermarket look-alike. See picture below for the correct one.

Secondly, if you go with a factory navigation unit then yes the wires are the same, well mostly. Because you don't have the factory navigation, there are a couple of wires that you will need to run. The wires are fairly inexpensive (around $45.00-$60.00 for everything). It is not hard to do, and I can provide you with directions if you need them.

A special note: You must buy a Bose navigation system if you go this route, and you can buy one with DVD playback capabilities even if you don't have a rear entertainment system.

If you go aftermarket then yes you will most likely need a harness if you want to keep your steering wheels controls, vehicle chimes, and Onstar functionality. There is also a similar wire (VSS wire) just like for the factory unit that will need to be run. This is a speed sensing wire that must be installed for the navigation to work.

Either way, there are a few wires that will need to be run. It is not all that hard, it just takes a little of your time and of course, some patience. I hope that somewhat answers your questions. Feel free to ask if there is anything else you need to know, or want more information, or clarification about anything at all. :Handshake:

Attachments

• Tahoe Navigation.JPG
    Tahoe Navigation.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alejo2160